Morning with the Muppets

SpookyMania

Reaction score
The panel was really fascinating! First a video was shown (sort of a Muppets greatest hits kind of thing, which included clips from the so-far-unseen Pigs in Space viral videos), then Kermit was introduced for a one-on-one interview with the moderator. After that, they introduced Fozzie, asked him some questions, and there was a lot of really funny banter between Kermit and Fozzie, including Kermit having to break the news to Fozzie that the show had gotten cancelled. It was bittersweet, but was a great comedic moment.
After that, the moderator conducted an interview with both Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (Peter Linz was also there, performing Fozzie's right hand). There was some really great insight into their careers and what it's like to be a puppeteer, which led to them taking some volunteers from the audience to show them how puppeteering is done. At that point, Jacobson brought out Animal, which practically brought the house down. After the puppeteering demonstration, they took a few questions from the audience (I got to ask one!) and after that, they wrapped up. If there was any disappointment during the event, at least for me, it's that Beaker never made an appearance, though it was announced he would. It's just a shame because he's my sister's favorite and she was looking forward to it. But all in all, it was a really entertaining hour-and-a-half and I'm very happy I got to experience it.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The panel was really fascinating! First a video was shown (sort of a Muppets greatest hits kind of thing, which included clips from the so-far-unseen Pigs in Space viral videos), then Kermit was introduced for a one-on-one interview with the moderator. After that, they introduced Fozzie, asked him some questions, and there was a lot of really funny banter between Kermit and Fozzie, including Kermit having to break the news to Fozzie that the show had gotten cancelled. It was bittersweet, but was a great comedic moment.
After that, the moderator conducted an interview with both Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (Peter Linz was also there, performing Fozzie's right hand). There was some really great insight into their careers and what it's like to be a puppeteer, which led to them taking some volunteers from the audience to show them how puppeteering is done. At that point, Jacobson brought out Animal, which practically brought the house down. After the puppeteering demonstration, they took a few questions from the audience (I got to ask one!) and after that, they wrapped up. If there was any disappointment during the event, at least for me, it's that Beaker never made an appearance, though it was announced he would. It's just a shame because he's my sister's favorite and she was looking forward to it. But all in all, it was a really entertaining hour-and-a-half and I'm very happy I got to experience it.
What question did you ask? I was there! I had a great time and also thought the panel was a lot of fun. I am thrilled when I learn new things at these events, or hear stories I haven't heard before. I was also thrilled when Steve Whitmire gave me a shout out in the middle of telling some great Jim story. I was embarrassed and exhilarated at the same time lol

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow, this kid is definitely gonna be a Muppeteer one day, he's a way better puppeteer than I was at that age. In fact, he's a way better performer than I am now and i've been doing it for thirteen years! I just watched some of his videos, he's seriously talented, he could become a professional puppeteer right now!

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So it is comfirm that Steve is not playing Ernie.