Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So much to be excited about and to question!

So is the Series 3 line-up recently announced for the Minimates the full line-up? Counting exclusives (and variants), series 1 had 12 figures while series 2 had 13, and so far only 8 have been announced. I do think it's a little weird that they're doing Patrol Fozzie but not Patrol Link (I thought the same when Palisades did it). Palisades had characters who go together in different series, but Diamond Select has usually put characters who go together in the same pack (and unlike Palisades, Diamond hasn't been making the series have a few "big guns" and some fan favorites, or releasing variants of characters before the standard versions). Still, if Patrol Bear can't come with Link, Constantine is actually an appropriate choice to come with a police bear.

I wonder which ones will be included at all retailers selling these and which will be the exclusives. Since Dr. Teeth and Animal were sold everywhere (that sells these), it would make sense for the remaining Electric Mayhem characters to be sold everywhere, but it would also make sense for Fozzie and Pepe to as well, since they are the "big guns" of the series. Of course, Gonzo had to be an exclusive in the Minimates line.

So Mahna Mahna and Crazy Harry were packaged together as Minimates, and now they're packaged together with Rowlf as action figures. Though I feel they should have had Mahna Mahna packaged with the Snowths. Not sure if Diamond doesn't think the number is popular enough for them all to be sold together, or if it's something different. But if they don't think Mahna Mahna and the Snowths could sell without a more major character, they could have had a Snowth included with the other characters.

Some of us have said it'd be great for Miss Piggy to come with Gloria Estefan, and some have said that it would be too soon for the character to be included, but since she comes with a penguin, it's a good substitute. It's probably a good coincidence that they have her coming with a penguin. Or maybe it was planned to come with another and chosen to come with her because of the Gloria Estefan penguin....

And wow, three series of Muppet action figures, and still no variants. The Palisades line didn't have a variant until series 4, but that mixed the really main characters and lesser characters. Considering this action figure line has pretty much focused on the best-known characters so far (and, with the two-pack releases, had more characters released in a series), it is amazing that they haven't had to get to a variant yet (as far as what we know).

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
So much to be excited about and to question!

So is the Series 3 line-up recently announced for the Minimates the full line-up? Counting exclusives (and variants), series 1 had 12 figures while series 2 had 13, and so far only 8 have been announced. I do think it's a little weird that they're doing Patrol Fozzie but not Patrol Link (I thought the same when Palisades did it). Palisades had characters who go together in different series, but Diamond Select has usually put characters who go together in the same pack (and unlike Palisades, Diamond hasn't been making the series have a few "big guns" and some fan favorites, or releasing variants of characters before the standard versions). Still, if Patrol Bear can't come with Link, Constantine is actually an appropriate choice to come with a police bear.

I wonder which ones will be included at all retailers selling these and which will be the exclusives. Since Dr. Teeth and Animal were sold everywhere (that sells these), it would make sense for the remaining Electric Mayhem characters to be sold everywhere, but it would also make sense for Fozzie and Pepe to as well, since they are the "big guns" of the series. Of course, Gonzo had to be an exclusive in the Minimates line.

So Mahna Mahna and Crazy Harry were packaged together as Minimates, and now they're packaged together with Rowlf as action figures. Though I feel they should have had Mahna Mahna packaged with the Snowths. Not sure if Diamond doesn't think the number is popular enough for them all to be sold together, or if it's something different. But if they don't think Mahna Mahna and the Snowths could sell without a more major character, they could have had a Snowth included with the other characters.

Some of us have said it'd be great for Miss Piggy to come with Gloria Estefan, and some have said that it would be too soon for the character to be included, but since she comes with a penguin, it's a good substitute. It's probably a good coincidence that they have her coming with a penguin. Or maybe it was planned to come with another and chosen to come with her because of the Gloria Estefan penguin....

And wow, three series of Muppet action figures, and still no variants. The Palisades line didn't have a variant until series 4, but that mixed the really main characters and lesser characters. Considering this action figure line has pretty much focused on the best-known characters so far (and, with the two-pack releases, had more characters released in a series), it is amazing that they haven't had to get to a variant yet (as far as what we know).
I'd rather have Gloria come with Uncle Deadly

galagr

Reaction score
Is it even fair to assume that we'll be getting a series 4 or anything beyond that? What kind of numbers are these things pulling? Maybe someone with a little insider information can give us a some insight? :wink:

Ah, it's fun to speculate anyway.

There are some pretty noticeable gaps in the line thus far. I'd say that we're almost guaranteed to get Zoot, Lips, Dr. Teeth, Sam, or the Swedish Chef in the next wave. They seem to be continually building onto the band and their inclusion into the line, so series 4 could be the time to wrap things up for that and get a proper Electric Mayhem reunion. As much as I would love to see Zoot and Lips get a buddy pack together (just like Floyd and Janice), I don't see that being a reality. Neither of them are really popular enough to be a major selling point. No one besides a hardcore Muppet fan will say "Woah! It's that guy that plays the trumpet! We gotta buy him!". So, here's how I envision series 4 going down.

Dr. Teeth and Zoot
The Swedish Chef and Lips
Sam the Eagle and Surprise Character

I should probably point out that Pepe and Rizzo are also pretty likely to be seen sometime soon as well, being that they're relatively popular characters that haven't seen action figure form yet.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Pepe as big as the other Muppets??? He isn't much bigger than Robin, and we know how small he was in series 1 !!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see Zoot and Lips get a buddy pack together (just like Floyd and Janice), I don't see that being a reality. Neither of them are really popular enough to be a major selling point. No one besides a hardcore Muppet fan will say "Woah! It's that guy that plays the trumpet! We gotta buy him!".
But they are the two most expensive Palisades figures; as for why, I haven't a clue.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Cool to see them in package I like that the clipboard with Bunsen and Beaker has a reference to the automatic wastebasket though it is a shame we didn't get any of there failed experiments although maybe they'll get their own pack in the future lol

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow! Those look amazing. And they come out next month!! I thought they weren't coming out til October

Last edited:

christianpyro

Reaction score
Glad to see the packaged pics... but do Bunsen and Beaker not come with a lab table? I thought they were supposed to. Are you supposed to put all those accessories on the floor?

The black piece in the bottom of the Bunsen and Beaker set, what is that? A display stand? Or perhaps that is somehow the table.

There has to be accessories included that I'm not seeing, because I don't see a drum throne for Animal to sit on.

I sure hope the back of that Balcony isn't made of cardboard. I can't tell from the pics. I think I see two chairs.

I always get to excited for these and pre-order them, but when they are almost here I question the $75 price tag. The Toys R Us version at $13 each ($39 for the set) are so much more reasonable. I hope the extra accessories are of good enough quality to be worth the extra $12 each ($36 for the set, and almost double the cost).

Last edited:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Glad to see the packaged pics... but do Bunsen and Beaker not come with a lab table? I thought they were supposed to. Are you supposed to put all those accessories on the floor?

The black piece in the bottom of the Bunsen and Beaker set, what is that? A display stand? Or perhaps that is somehow the table.

There has to be accessories included that I'm not seeing, because I don't see a drum throne for Animal to sit on.

I sure hope the back of that Balcony isn't made of cardboard. I can't tell from the pics. I think I see two chairs.

I always get to excited for these and pre-order them, but when they are almost here I question the $75 price tag. The Toys R Us version at $13 each ($39 for the set) are so much more reasonable. I hope the extra accessories are of good enough quality to be worth the extra $12 each ($36 for the set, and almost double the cost).
The black piece in the back is the card thing that shows you all of the figures and minimates. It comes with all of the figures.

EDIT: Never mind, thought you were talking about something else.

Last edited: