None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, shitake mushroom. Prolonging the delay of the beginning of summer couldn't go on any longer, summer finally had to show its ugly face today as we hit our first day the 90s, and it looks as though it's here to stay . . . so, I'm in a bad mood now, and probably will remain so for the next three months.

That being said, I fully expect that we have a nearly three-week long cold snap this month to make up for the nearly three-week long heat wave we had back in December; and it better happen, otherwise, Elmo will pay!

D'Snowth

Reaction score

We were supposed to get the whole weekend of relief from the heat - that's not much, but it's better than nothing. What are we getting now? Just today, that's it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, actually, in regards to my last post, it did, actually, drop below the 90s these last few days, so that's nice . . . but what's not nice is that the 90s are back again already, and apparently will be for the next couple of weeks.

Uh, I said we needed a two-and-a-half week cold snap this June to make up for that two-and-a-half week heat wave we had in December. Hello?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Tomorrow it possibly reach 100 degrees. I'm already dreading it *dies*

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It's a 100 degrees where I live and I'm frying like an egg.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of being that guy, it's not that we haven't had some pretty hot days of late, but our air is coming almost exclusively off the water, and we haven't been able to get near or break 80 for the most part. Not that I'm complaining one way or another.

Usually I'd say something like "we had a terrible winter, so a hot summer makes up for it," but other than 2 insanely almost record cold days Valentines Weekend, winter gave us a real break from the past horrific two years. It's just... spring was cold. Lots of 40's... it snowed the first week of April twice. Significantly. April was early March like, May was early April like, even the beginning of June was chillier than most. I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth for a nice winter, but did spring really need to make up for lost time?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For it to have supposedly been one day of some relief from the heat today, it sure as Elmo didn't feel like it: had a few errands to run today, and it felt just as hot as ever today, and in fact, I'm really looking forward to my cold shower later tonight -- I almost want to go ahead and take it now, but I still have other things to do before I can.

But, uh, it's the last two days of June, where's that cold snap we deserved to make up for that heat wave we had back in December? Where is it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least summer is practically halfway over by this point, but man, this hasn't been one of the better summers we've ever had . . . I guess I got a little spoiled over the past 2-3 summers, where we alternated heat for a couple of weeks, then relief for a couple of weeks, in that pattern. This summer, however, the heat has been much more domineering for several weeks straight, and any relief has been exclusive to maybe 2-3 days at a time here and there . . . and it doesn't appear we'll be getting anymore relief from the heat in the foreseeable forecast.

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Everyday is hot here in So Cal. I go running almost three days a week and am practically drenched in sweat after only running down the first block to get to the park!

I have been indoors most of the summer. But that'll change when my family takes our annual trip to Lake Tahoe. Maybe it won't be so hot up there

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, huzzah. One day of relief from the heat today. How wonderful.