When you need to RAVE!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score

CHEESE AND CRACKERS! I've never seen something more beautiful in my entire life. I LOVE Spongebob, Happy Tree Friends, and Mad. This is the most amazing cover ever. WHERE ON EARTH CAN I GET THIS? I literally jumped for joy when I saw this. This was my reaction:

Drtooth

Reaction score
For the longest time I had a beef with the girl toy/boy toy Happy Meal split. Sure, they had some actually good girl toys from time to time. Recently a Powerpuff Girls one that had some legit figurines including Mojo Jojo. But for the longest time it always annoyed me that any time there was a super hero based promotion (usually DC now), they'd have a completely different franchise. As if girls don't like comic book characters to the point where the Amazing Spider-Man 2 promotion featured insultingly girly accessories and note pads.

But this time they've done it RIGHT. After the bafflingly awful Talking Tom promotion (really? Talking Tom!?), McD's has a DC comics promotion for both girls and boys. Justice League and DC Super Girls. And additional rave... The Justice League set includes Plastic Man!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nintendo is relaunching the original NES!

Sort of. They're launching a "mini" version of it later this fall with a number of classic cartridge games already preloaded into the system.

That's pretty cool though. Even though we ended up selling our original NES when it pretty much became passe, I, for some reason, still have a couple of the cartridges: Super Mario Bros. (with Duck Hunt) and JAWS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently the local Republican Headquarters in one of the Carolinas was bombed by "political terrorists" attempt to drive the "Nazi Republicans" out of town.

Actually, that's not what I'm raving about. What I'm raving about is the fact that it was the local Democratic party that began fundraising to help rebuild their headquarters following the attack - which speaks so much volume about the party itself. Had it happened the other way around, you think the local Republicans would have helped try to rebuild the Democratic Headquarters?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody evidently smashed up Drumph's star on the Walk of Fame with a sledgehammer.

Is it possible for the same person to do the same to Will Ferrell and Sofia Vegara's stars?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I love that everybody is coming to John Goodman's support after he apparently upset Kristen Wiig at a party.

Apparently, John's a big fan of hers and when he had the chance to interact with her at a party, he let his inner fanboy out, and that apparently upset her because he apparently interrupted her as she was mingling with other people . . . now his feelings are hurt over the matter and he's saying he should have known better than to try to talk to a "big A-lister" like her. Now, everybody's coming to his defense and reminding him that he was a big A-lister a one point himself, and are basically dismissing Kristen as being more of a flavor-of-the-month celebrity than a true A-lister.
me too, he was famous and will always be. he was famous before that snot Kristen wig was, she should have been honored to have him want to talk to her. don't worry, because of her stuck up crappy attitude, it a be like Kristen who ? in a few years. if you ask me, she is isn't really funny. the female comedy field is really dry right now, there is only a few that are actually funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somebody evidently smashed up Drumph's star on the Walk of Fame with a sledgehammer.

Is it possible for the same person to do the same to Will Ferrell and Sofia Vegara's stars?
Sometime last decade they gave Ryan Seacrest a star on this thing, and some local radio station were telling people to literally crap on it and take a photo. Can't remember if they jokingly added they'd get money for it or not and I think someone did attempt it and got arrested before he could pinch a loaf. But even I think that was completely uncalled for.

I'm not going to mince words. I hate Donald Suck, and I've made that abundantly, anviliciously clear. But this in the end solves nothing, and in fact is detrimental to his detractors, making him look like a victim, and will totally be used against the opposition. If you don't like him, vote and passive aggressively call him names online. Don't act like what his supporters are told to act like.

And if anyone wanted to burn Drumph on his Walk of Fame star, it should be the Walk of Fame committee. Replace his star with a cereal mascot. Cuz they totally do that sometimes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I heartell some people have been peeing on Drumph's star as well.

As for Ryan Seacrest, I can see that -- considering that, really, his only major contributions have been executive producing all of these Krapdashian shows, and being Dick Clark's successor, I don't see any other reason for him to have a star either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as we're glad that Kermit the Frog got one...remember years ago when we had that troll that kept putting absolutely every Muppet thing down possible because he had a superiority complex? Well, he was right about one thing. The Walk of Fame isn't as prestigious as it seems. It's basically buying your own award. So, I can totally see why Ryan got one, and that was way back when American Idol was new.

But like I said, peeing on his star, breaking his star, building a wall around his star (which was the only thing that was clever and non-destructive, if you're going to make a statement, make a coherent, non-violent one) isn't going to automatically make Hillary president, nor is it going to shut him or his most dangerous followers up. Voting might, but if you want the opposing side to look bad, you have to wait for them to do it themselves. Now, what's going to happen is they're going to single out this one instance, play the victim card, and everyone's going to be talking about this instead of the various scary, disturbing things being done and said by his supporters will once again not come to light. Great job between this and the fire bombing, guys! I'd move this to the rant thread beyond that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm not saying that this should be done to convince people to vote for Hillary instead, because quite frankly, Hillary isn't exactly an ideal candidate for president either - as I've said, she's essentially the lesser of two evils, and really nothing more than that.