Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, he wasn't. He got to be on the show thanks to the Make a Wish Foundation.
That's more of the "or something" I was talking about.

I second that. For all the crap this show gets, drawing in a Make a Wish kid and giving the episode that plotline about him gives the show a delightful heartwarming bunch of fuzzies. I had a feeling that no matter what the reason they added Wally T to the episode, it was going to be something that had a wonderful backstory.

As for this week's episode, something that I really think goes well with it is the fact that Amazing World of Gumball did a more sitcomy premise going out of hand in typical Gumball fashion, while Titans takes care of the dark humor for the week. They really seemed to compliment each other this selection.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to be the guy that says it, aren't I?

While I've defended the crap out of the new PPG series, I had a feeling that somehow, this TTG episode would be closer in spirit and tone of the original series than the PPG16 episodes have been. Heck, they remembered to put the narrator in here and gave us the "City of Townsville" opening (technically he didn't say it exactly, and introduced Mojo's lair instead, but the sentiment was there) and the "And so the day is saved " closer. Even had Mojo punched hard enough to see his brain matter pop out. I really think this episode was a scathing critique of the TTG series vs. PPG at least having the same concept. The Titans are of the Pirates who don't do Anything persuasion, so naturally Mojo loved the idea of super heroes that don't give a *&^% that wouldn't stand in his way. I quite enjoyed this episode, but felt it should have been a full half hour. Steven Universe made excellent time with the Say Uncle cross over event. This one felt like it was rushed and could have been longer.

Also love how the girls were trying not to make it a competition or any sort of antagonistic battle...but winning anyway. Nice way to subvert the obligatory crossover beat down.

Somehow, I get the feeling that this was made so that not-Tara Strong voiced Bubbles could interact with Tara Strong voiced Raven. Though I do get why they'd pair Bubbles up with Starfire, I kinda wish they'd put more scenes with Raven and Bubbles playing off each other purely for voice actor jokes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Somehow, I get the feeling that this was made so that not-Tara Strong voiced Bubbles could interact with Tara Strong voiced Raven. Though I do get why they'd pair Bubbles up with Starfire, I kinda wish they'd put more scenes with Raven and Bubbles playing off each other purely for voice actor jokes.
That was the biggest lost opportunity in the crossover. Raven wasn't even wearing Bubbles' outfit when the Titans disguised themselves! You'd think the writers would know that considering they got much of the tone of the original PPG in there. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that's something they considered, but feel that Buttercup was closer in personality to Raven while Bubbles was closer to Starfire, so that's why it went overlooked.

But now that I think of it, I think they missed an opportunity to have Beast Boy turn into a monkey or even gorilla for Mojo's army. Other than the fact this episode was pretty short and tried to cram too much into 10 minutes where SU managed to work around it better. Then again, SU always makes the most of its short time while TTG episodes tend to swing wildly in their use of the same runtime.

Still, it's great that Tara Strong worked with her recast of Bubbles. Probably not in the same room as per most cartoon voice over sessions, but I really think that helps to dispel that obnoxious rumor about the original VA's having bad blood with the new recast, older sounding girls.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
FYI, Bubbles' new voice actress is named Kristen Li.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4685345/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So, the Titans are totally ignorant about world history. I'd buy it if they were 5, but these guys are teenagers who should know better by now. It says so in the title, people!

Other than that, a pretty mediocre episode, though the whole Bowdlerization of Abe Lincoln's assassination was kind of amusing.
I said Abraham and Turkey Sandwich Lincoln during History class and my mom thought it was funny. I'm homeschooled by the way.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question...

In fan-casting Sesame Muppets as the Titans characters, I've got:
:stick_out_tongue: as Robin,
Betty Lou as Starfire,
Roosevelt Franklin as Cyborg, and
Prairie Dawn as Raven.
But who would be best cast as Beast Boy? And :insatiable: and :super: are already taken.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: as Robin,
Betty Lou as Starfire,
Roosevelt Franklin as Cyborg, and
Prairie Dawn as Raven.But who would be best cast as Beast Boy? And :insatiable: and :super: are already taken.
Who are Cookie and Grover?
I actually would make a couple of modifications. I think Abby should be Starfire and Kermit should be Robin.
I think Elmo should be Beast Boy.