D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

Erine81981

Reaction score
No. When I very first built it fifteen years ago, the first set of construction doors around Big Bird's nest (when the model looked as it did circa 2001) could open, but not very well. Likewise, right now Oscar's can does open and close, just not very well: it's "hinged" with a tiny drop of glue on the back edge of the lid, so you can open it partially, but not all the way without it breaking off. Similar to the doors, I have often considered cutting out the window panes, covering the inside of them with clear plastic (like the kind binder dividers are made of), and actually putting together interiors, so you can actually look and see inside the buildings, but that would require me to completely gut out the buildings themselve, which may affect their foundation - not to mention I'm sure there'd be some minor, unavoidable damage to window sills and stuff from the incisions of a knife or scalpel cutting out the panes. One thing I wish I could do is 3D printing for some of the accessories I'd still like to have but can't find at any hobby store (and accessories, in general, in the right scale, are becoming harder to find): not only would I still love a couple of sets of wooden tables and chairs for the arbor (and perhaps little tricycles for under the carriage house staircase), but I'd like to replace some of the accessories I have right now, such as the mesh trashcan (which is just a thimble), fire hydrant (a marker cap, but honestly, I've never seen black fire hydrants in real life), and the postal box by the lamppost (still would like to give Big Bird his mailbox too). I did, however, recently build a new newsstand for Hooper's (it resembles the one during the ATC seasons), and a new outdoor sign for the Travel Agency, similar to the outdoor menu at Hooper's.
I can understand. Like I have said before I really do enjoy it. I would love to build one of my own but I'm to lazy to do so plus I have other things that I would rather be doing but still I know if I ever got time to myself. Where I'm either not bother by traders, my family (don't get me wrong I love them) and my work (which I only work four hours) I would love to take some time and build a set. Mine would look to much like the 70's set cause that's the season (even tho I was born in the 80's) set I love the most. I know you wanted to put this thread to rest but I wouldn't mind seeing more updates or improvement to the miniature set. Thanks for sharing D'Snowth! Keep up the wonderful work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the first time ever, I prepared the model for a Fourth of July celebration:

I was inspired after watching an episode SesameManiac/hooperfan posted on YT of the street preparing for a visit from the president, only to have the presidential motorcade pass right by (which itself reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode where the camp prepares for a visit from MacArthur, only to have his motorcade drive right through the compound).

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I think it looks really really great. Since i live in Holland i mostly watched Sesamstraat and not a lot of Sesame Street but it looks really nice and i can see there is lot of love in there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sesamstraat always fascinated me, from the old-fashioned Dutch neighborhood look, to the more colorful and stylized look it had for many years before drastically changing to look like the inside of a giant toy box with giant broccoli trees.

Erine81981

Reaction score
For the first time ever, I prepared the model for a Fourth of July celebration:

I was inspired after watching an episode SesameManiac/hooperfan posted on YT of the street preparing for a visit from the president, only to have the presidential motorcade pass right by (which itself reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode where the camp prepares for a visit from MacArthur, only to have his motorcade drive right through the compound).
I just love it! You do really great job in doing so. I also know what episode you are talking about too. It's really cool one at that.
I think it looks really really great. Since i live in Holland i mostly watched Sesamstraat and not a lot of Sesame Street but it looks really nice and i can see there is lot of love in there.
COOL! I have really loved that show ever since getting to see certain shows on YT. I too have been fascinated by the shows look throughout it's years. I'm speak English but I really do enjoy watching them even if I don't know what they might be saying. I can tell what it they might be talking about by the mannerisms of the human cast and Pino, Tommie and Ieniemienie.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Yea its quite cool sadly it did end .. the channel didnt order a new season..

What do you think of Purk?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea its quite cool sadly it did end .. the channel didnt order a new season..

What do you think of Purk?
Awww that really sucks! So there isn't any new shows of Sesamstraat ever? I thought she was ok. I really haven't watch that much of the new shows or really at least (even those those are about the only ones you can find on YT) but she's ok. Have you ever watched any of the America Sesame Street? And if so do you think she could have been the Elmo of Sesamstraat?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The street set up to celebrate US independence on the 4th of July... That just makes me think of the Fireworks Alphabet sketch, even the version that was interrupted by an SST News Flash sketch. And there's another episode stuck in my memory crawlspace that I don't really know how to search for on the Wiki where Uncle Wally walked from one end of the set to the other end calling out the alphabet letter by letter and different hinge setting effects would trigger like a window closing or a door opening or :grouchy:'s trashcan lid flipping up to show the letters.

Good job Snowth, your SST set skills are always awesomely commended.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have often considered cutting out the window panes, covering the inside of them with clear plastic (like the kind binder dividers are made of), and actually putting together interiors, so you can actually look and see inside the buildings, but that would require me to completely gut out the buildings themselve, which may affect their foundation - not to mention I'm sure there'd be some minor, unavoidable damage to window sills and stuff from the incisions of a knife or scalpel cutting out the panes.
I actually found an example of what I was talking about:

Found this by accident on Google Images while search for something completely different, but when I saw this example of a scale model a guy in the U.K. built, I realized this is what I was talking about wanting to do with my SST model, but as I said, I really feel as though if I tried anything like this, there would probably be some irreversible damage, so I'm not even going to try to attempt it. But it's still fun to think about how cool it would be to actually peek into the front window and see Alan at the counter in Hooper's.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I actually found an example of what I was talking about:

Found this by accident on Google Images while search for something completely different, but when I saw this example of a scale model a guy in the U.K. built, I realized this is what I was talking about wanting to do with my SST model, but as I said, I really feel as though if I tried anything like this, there would probably be some irreversible damage, so I'm not even going to try to attempt it. But it's still fun to think about how cool it would be to actually peek into the front window and see Alan at the counter in Hooper's.
That is really neat. I remember you talking about how you would love to do more but afraid of messing up something in the process of your model. That would still be really cool.