Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The more I think of it, the more I think that Sony only made this movie because they were ticked royally by the fact that they've been trying to get the third movie off the ground for over a decade now. Partially to spite Bill Murray for dragging his feet. They announced a third Ghostbusters a while back, and no matter how painfully close they were to getting things in motion, some major setback stopped them cold in their tracks. I figure they just needed something out there to keep the franchise in motion outside of the occasional comic book and merchandising push.

Personally, I don't think we ever needed a third movie. That's why I have to applaud this film as a one off, alternate time line deal. In the end, it doesn't matter. It's as relevant to the original movie franchise as the TMNT crossover (which was pretty darn cool). That's the thing that gets me about all of this. It's not a sequel, it's not a prequel, it's nothing that would actually affect the original 2 movies.

That said, I really want this to be good if only to hear hardcore fanboys find ways to hate it, all the while refusing to enjoy it on any level in its own right. As much as that usually annoys me, I do get some level of pleasure out of those who hate Jurassic World so much they have to defend the horrible other 2 movies. Seriously...I like how someone compared it to Phantom Menace. For that logic to work, the only other 3 Star Wars movies would have been A New Hope, The Life Day Special, and Ewok Adventure. For me, at least I want this to be good in its own right. And at worst, I still got to get some Ecto-Cooler. Just gotta track down those Key Slime Twinkees I heard about.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK, I'm back. I can say with complete confidence that that trailer sucked.

Because the movie was great!!! The audience was having a blast, it's funny, it's surprisingly scary at the right moments, the ladies are amazing, so are the cameos. Forget the trailer ever existed, you won't be disappointed!

Ask me anything, I'll use spoiler tags. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As someone who has been the very exact middle in opinion of this film between the "ruined my childhood" types and the "you only hate it because your sexist" types...I gotta say, I'm biting my lips for cautious optimism. Like I said, I had no initial interest in this film before which lead to maybe if I'm bored enough and have a couple extra bucks to see it on a Tuesday matinee. Now, I kinda want to see it based on that recommendation. Though again with cautious optimism and hope that at least it's not going to be the mess Batman V Superman turned into. This does look like it could be fun, and trailers usually go for the dumbest scenes in the movie possible out of context anyway.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
trailers usually go for the dumbest scenes in the movie possible out of context anyway.
This was 100% a case of that. Throughout the entire movie I kept thinking, "Why didn't they just put that scene in the trailer?!" Seeing it all in context worked a lot better.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OK, I'm back. I can say with complete confidence that that trailer sucked.
Because the movie was great!!! The audience was having a blast, it's funny, it's surprisingly scary at the right moments, the ladies are amazing, so are the cameos. Forget the trailer ever existed, you won't be disappointed!
Ask me anything, I'll use spoiler tags. :wink:
Awesome! Honestly at this point, I really just want this movie to be good just to prove the haters wrong. Although like Drtooth said earlier in the thread, some of them will try to find something to dislike about it. For instance, some of these Star Wars fans said The Force Awakens was ruined for them just because the female character was the hero. They said it was part of some kind of "feminist agenda". Seriously?!? So, is Rey just supposed to sit there and get beaten up and just be a burden to Finn and everyone else and do absolutely f***ing nothing?!? What the heck is wrong with people?!?
Ahem, so anyway, now that that rant is over, I just hope the majority of movie goers enjoy the movie, to heck with those whiny basement dwelling girlfriend-less nerds.
About how long were the cameos and how important were they to the plot?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I still can't imagine the movie being great considering how awful the trailer was, but I'll take your word for it and give it a watch, I'm skeptical I'll like it, but I may be wrong.