Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something that just now occured to me is that Episode 3977 featured Renee Fleming singing a 5 opera, even though the number of the day in that episode was 12. However, the number of the day for 3978 was 5, which makes me wonder shouldn't they have used the 5 opera as an insert for 3978 instead?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it look like the macaw is actually singing along in "Take a Bweff"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Marty seems to give most of his characters just the slightly little bit of a southern drawl in their voices.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the "Sing Along" video, when Sully is warming up on the piano, Big Bird remarks, "he's a regular Ithzak Perlman." But, Ithzak Perlman is a violinst. Unless he also plays piano, but I've never seen or heard him play piano.

cjd874

Reaction score
In the "Sing Along" video, when Sully is warming up on the piano, Big Bird remarks, "he's a regular Ithzak Perlman." But, Ithzak Perlman is a violinst. Unless he also plays piano, but I've never seen or heard him play piano.
I remember that one...being a musician, I think it was an ad-libbed joke, because I recall Bob McGrath chuckling quite noticeably at that remark. Seems Caroll Spinney had a penchant for those kinds of references...in one SS episode where Slimey flies a plane, Oscar comments, "He's a regular Chuck Yeager!" (Chuck Yeager actually was a pilot & general in the US Air Force.)

It's kind of like the extended joke in the Muppet Show episode with George Burns, where Rowlf is about to play piano for a musical number. George questions Rowlf's playing, and Rowlf says, "Sure I can play. I'm the next Jascha Heifeitz," to which George points out, "Jascha Heifeitz played the violin!" To which Rowlf replies, "Well no one will know the difference, George."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In earlier seasons - particularly the first - Big Bird bobs his head as he walks, like certain birds tend to do.

cjd874

Reaction score
In the famous Fisher Price Sesame Street Little People line from 1975, there were only three adults made for the set: Susan, Gordon, and Mr. Hooper. To this day, I still wonder why the company never made figurines of Bob, Maria, David & Luis.

cjd874

Reaction score
Ever wonder how weird it is in the album Bert & Ernie's Sing Along (1975) that no one...not Ernie, Big Bird, Herry, Gordon, Maria, Luis, or anyone...thinks twice about invading Bert's privacy while he's in the bathtub? They go right ahead with their singalong as if he's nothing more than chopped liver.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Caroll has mentioned that he's always had trouble with making his puppets lip sync to pre recorded tracks. But he seemed to do very well on Follow That Bird, he hardly missed a syllable.

Also, I noticed unlike most of the other performers, David Rudman and Marty Robinson's puppets' mouths tend to hit almost every syllable when the puppet is tallking, especially when they're performing Baby Bear and Telly.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The socks hanging over Grover's bed in the intert where he was of the dark.