Your favorite Carol Spinny Character?

Who is your favorite Carol Spinny Character?

• Big Bird

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Oscar the Grouch

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We started doing a little discussion in the Classic Muppet section like this and it was requested we do more so here we go....

Today we are starting a conversation and poll on who our favorite Carol Spinny Sesame Street characters are. This is going to be an interesting one I'm sure since there are only two choices Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. I personally am going to have to really think about this one,because both hold a very special place in my heart. So I can't wait to hear how you all feel as well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't even have to think about this one. I've been obsessed with Big Bird ever since I was a baby! There's something really special about him. He really comes from Caroll's soul and everything he does just comes off as genuine. Elmo often seems almost flawless, he's cute and all but he's pretty much become the bland generic preschool TV show host that can't get anything wrong and is somehow much smarter than all the other Muppets even the ones that are older than him. Big Bird on the other hand is a much more well rounded character. Big Bird has flaws, he's silly, he's smart but believably so, sometimes he gets jealous and vulnerable. And his sweetness doesn't come off as overly cutesy, it just feels real. He feels like a real kid. He somehow has great chemistry with almost every character on the show no matter who it is.
I also really like the puppet's design and the way Caroll moves him, something about the movements and the look of the character have something to do with it as well.

I absolutely love Oscar, he's tied as one of my second favorites along with Telly and Prairie Dawn. There's a lot of reasons I love Oscar, he's a very fun and well developed character, but I think i'm gonna vote for "The Bird" on this one.

Bert fan

Reaction score
Im saying big bird because hes more childlike and even starred in his movie and have a role in elmo in grouchland and made a cameo in muppet movie

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am get for this some flack but I always like Oscar a little more than Big Bird, mostly due you can never create a character like Oscar or Count in today's world.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In the first season Caroll did perform a lot more, since basically it was just him, Jim and Frank. But this wouldn't last too long. Watch "Everyone Likes Ice Cream". Caroll is the little maroon guy with glasses. He's a little out of step with the others, and Jim and Frank used to get on his case about it.

Big Bird got better. The first season is a little painful to watch.
Oscar got better over the years as well, but didn't have to change as radically.

gravy

Reaction score
Watch "Everyone Likes Ice Cream". Caroll is the little maroon guy with glasses. He's a little out of step with the others, and Jim and Frank used to get on his case about it.
Yes, Caroll talked about it in ''I Am Big Bird''.
Here it is.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I went with big bird, he is a puppet every kid van relate to and like :smile:

Last edited:

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Oscar's been my favorite charachter since 1984! I was born in 82. I have distinct memories of seeing the show as a very little kid tho. The episode that came out a few years ago on itunes about votiing, I can actually remember parts of it! I remember the scene with David and all the elephants trunks sticking out of his can and David saying all their names.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ohhh a tie!!!

I love both Big Bird and Oscar, but feel closer to Oscar. Oscar taught me that it's ok to be angry sometimes, but to also have a heart. That scene in Follow that Bird where Big Bird is leaving, and tells Oscar goodbuy gets me everytime. Because deep down Oscar really dose care about his friends.