We Need Another Movie

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying about all this hoo-hah about shows and movies being dumped straight to Netflix.
Actually Netflix could work. The shows up their are very popular, "Orange is the New Black" and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" for examples are about as popular as network shows. Netflix would be a much better option than YouTube videos just because their are so many YT videos that can be very easily forgotten.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what they can do with the franchise if the show doesn't get a second season. The 2011 movie was really only a moderate success and the last movie didn't do very well at all. Neither the show nor the movie were such fantastic failures that Disney would drop them, but just doing Viral videos won't really give them the exposure they need to stay relevant.
Keep in mind, the premiere of The Muppets posted a 2.9 demo rating and 9 million viewers against The Voice and NCIS, none of the ABC shows can come close to that number these days, the closest being Modern Family at a 2.2 demo and 7 million viewers, people are still interested in the franchise, but they end up nitpicking on the content and leaving it, so it's a prediciment, also The Muppets 2011 triplied it's budget and Disney ordered a sequel, I am pretty sure Disney was satisfied with it and it was a financial success to them. Also viral videos are a great way to expose them, but they haven't made a really popular one since "Jungle Boogie", that's the only way younger audiences will get exposed to them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would love to have another movie where all the characters are more like the way they were in the most recent TV show. Kermit now has more personality. Miss Piggy became less of a big headed jerk. Scooter is nerdier and sillier now. Uncle Deadly has a bigger role now. Plus Chip, Yolanda and Gloria Estefan have been great additions to the cast.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I never understood why they dont let some of the puppeteers direct a movie, they know these characters the best. They might know what work. Dave Goelz has been there from the start.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Dave and Steve I feel could definitely make some quality Muppet content

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well now that the show's been cancelled this thread is relevant again. I'm not sure Disney is going to make another theatrical release, but it's possible they do something on Netflix or Youtube. They really should make more Youtube videos, they had some great stuff with Muppet Labs, The Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle reporting the news, Muppisodes, and then they just stopped, wish they would continue.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Don't know about Dave, but Steve's said in interviews that he doesn't have any interest in directing.
True, but Steve could always be on the writing team and act as a consultant. Bill has directed a couple of smaller projects, maybe he could work his way up to a feature length film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While it doesn't seem likely to see another movie, losing a small amount of money on a Muppet project is much better than losing a lot of money on audience alienating stuff like BFG and Pete's Dragon.

Just throwing that out there.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
While it doesn't seem likely to see another movie, losing a small amount of money on a Muppet project is much better than losing a lot of money on audience alienating stuff like BFG and Pete's Dragon.
I'm sure Disney prefers to lose no money.