What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drumph will say anything to his followers and they'll eat it up because they're...well... the way they are. Drumph is what I like to call an aggressive aggressive. As opposed to a passive aggressive who mumbles crap behind your back when you tick them off, Drumph calls anyone who call him out on his awfulness names, like a school yard bully that even the teachers don't want to deal with. He has a history of doing so, because somehow he thinks that he's immune to criticism while being a public figure, and shocker you're not. We're in an age where you remake a movie, you get buried with death threats. This is why him running for public office is both horrifying and yet somehow delightfully hilarious if you think about it. Look at how he deals with major issues. He thinks the Brexit was a "great idea" yet Obama's fault. That's... that's comedic cartoon villain stuff right there. A henchman comes up with a plan to, I dunno, destroy Sonic the Hedgehog or something, and the villain says "Great plan! I'm glad I came up with it." That is until everything goes haywire, then it's all "YOU DUMBOTS! This is all YOUR fault!!!"

Basically calling Warren "racist" is more of his aggressive aggressivism. I'm not adding any more to that. It is what it is, someone who used pretty much Hitler-ian propaganda techniques that were always there in the Republican Party, just this time it managed to unEarth 40+ year old racists we'd otherwise have ignored. I don't see this so much as "pot calling the kettle black" so much as "a pile of dog turds saying that a flower smells like crap."

Two things, though. If anyone is serious about really trashing Drumph's reputation by the time November rolls out, movie channels need to start airing the abominable movie Ghosts can't Do it, which Drumph himself had a horrible, self gratifying cameo...and won a Razzie for! There's no shoving the words "luxurious" and "fabulous" to spin that move.

Secondly... On the case of Warren... what the *&^% was she thinking saying she was part Native American!?!?!? I'm sorry, but...any celebrity or politician...NO...ANYONE who says they're part Native American that isn't at least 50% really Native American will always be seen as 0% Native American. Look at the crap that happened to Johnny Depp when doing damage control on The Lone Ranger! That made everyone even more ticked by his portrayal of Tonto than wearing the bird on his head. No matter what, you'll always be seen as a liar or taking advantage of a tribe of Native Americans. If you are part such and such, great. Just don't advertise it. Otherwise, you'll come off as "authentic" as that stupid white woman with the frizzy hair pretending to be a black woman.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In a game I play, I got banned for talking about the Crack Master. They thought I was promoting drugs even though I clearly said "cracks on the wall", :rolleyes:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm getting sick of the power popping off every afternoon - it's a drag having to reset all the clocks everyday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I unfortunately caught the Leslie Stahl interview with Trump and his running mate.

ahem...

IT WAS A FREAKING CARTOON!!!!

It was a freaking cartoon!

SNL couldn't have done a better job parodying it, it was its own self parody. And Pensce...seriously. It was like he was about to say "yeeeethhhhh matthhhhter" every time Trump interrupted to contradict him and himself.

Leslie deserves an Emmy for not going insane and throttling the BOTH of them. Crap, she deserves to be a freaking honorary Jedi Knight!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, even Trump supporters should be able to acknowledge how awkward that interview was. He kept interrupting the interviewer and he never let his VP get a word in. He repeatedly contradicted himself. And while he constantly criticizes Hilary Clinton for voting to go into the war in Iraq. His VP pick did the exact same thing and Trump's reply is "Everyone makes mistakes" and he explicitly goes on to say that it was ok for Pence to do it but not Clinton.

My favorite parts from the interview:
When Leslie Stahl states that many people don't find him to be humble, his reply was literally the least humble thing he could say, "I think I am actually humble. I think i'm much more humble than you would understand".

Oh, and of course there was the part where he basically says he's religious because evangelicals voted for him :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
When Leslie Stahl states that many people don't find him to be humble, his reply was literally the least humble thing he could say, "I think I am actually humble. I think i'm much more humble than you would understand".
That's something that's absolutely hilarious in a cartoon if Daffy Duck said it, but in between horrific and tragic from a politician. Even African war lords and the Kim Il family that runs North Korea aren't that cartoonish a parody of dictators. I can't say "Poe's Law" enough, but this is for serious really happening. And I'm going to ignore the fact that Trump's VP choice (carefully calculated and crafted by someone who wasn't Trump obviously) is actually more terrifying, even though Mike himself said that he's even further right than Trump. Further right than a xenophobic, racist, fascist. I'm pretty sure that beyond that level of far rightedness is falling completely off the scale.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What would it take (or would have taken) to find somewhere in the middle? Pence pulling Trump further right, Bernie pushing Hillary further left, how can we ever come together on anything now?
Ben Carson may have been greener than Trump in politics, but he could've been a voice of reason with all the racial tensions lately.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ben Carson may have been greener than Trump in politics, but he could've been a voice of reason with all the racial tensions lately.
No offense but I don't think Ben would be a very good voice of reason regarding racial issues. This is the same guy who basically said the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if more Jews had had guns. He also implied that Obama didn't understand what it was like to be black because he didn't grow up poor. Plus, he's a supporter of guns in a time when more and more black people are trying to stay away from them.