Where are the older humans?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For Gina, I feel like she still had a lot of years and energy to give. Plus there's the fact that the writers never really got to explore the whole non traditional family thing very much with her and Marco. Not to mention the potential romance between her and Alan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I never recalled seeing any hint of romantic interest between Gina and Alan.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I never recalled seeing any hint of romantic interest between Gina and Alan.
Well, the actors themselves said it's been implied. But apparently, Alan Muraoka didn't feel comfortable with the prospect of them ever getting together, so they never fully became an item. But still, had they gotten together it might have lessoned the chances of Gina leaving.

Something similar also happened earlier on when the writers approached Bob about getting married to Linda.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Other than dancing together at the salsa party in Episode 3917 and singing karaoke together (along with Elmo) in Season 34, I never really saw anything going on between Gina and Alan. Bob and Linda on the other hand...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All I know is Northern Calloway and Alison Bartlett-O'Reilly grew close off camera, so much so that Northern randomly dropped in on Alison in school one day to propose to her.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Didn't that get Northern Calloway fired from the show or was it his declining health at the time so he decided to leave?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yep I read about that. I heard that it either made Alison uncomfortable that they "fired" Northern Calloway? Or am I wrong?

It kinda makes me a little sad but with Sesame Street no longer getting the much long hour and getting only 30 minutes. I could see it not being able to work unless they could have the cast members be in two shows per season. I could see that happening.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Yep I read about that. I heard that it either made Alison uncomfortable that they "fired" Northern Calloway? Or am I wrong?.
That might have been one of the reasons. But I do know it was a lot of different things that had to do with Northern's behavior that got him terminated from the show in 1989