Emmy Awards

dcfboss

Reaction score
Sesame Street won again!!!

But did anyone catch the Mr Rogers tribute with Big Bird, Elmo, Grover, Zoe, Rosita and Wayne Brady? It was done in a classy way to pay respect to a very classy man.

Reaction score
Oh no I missed it!

Yikes! I missed it!

I started watching the Emmy Awards, but quickly got grossed out by all the soap opera garbage and changed the channel. Became engrossed in A.I. on HBO2 and forgot all about it!!

Besides, I thought it was sickening that they were rating the Top Ten moments in daytime TV, and they only were considering soaps and talk shows. (!!) What about all of the breaking news stories that didn't occur in Primetime? Technically, the Daytime Emmys are supposed to be recognizing everything that occurs out of primetime.

But how did it go? What did the Muppeteers hide behind? What song did they sing?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Oh no I missed it!

Originally posted by Soo!-per Grover

But how did it go? What did the Muppeteers hide behind? What song did they sing?
Hid behind a piano.

They sang a variety of Mr. Rogers songs. Big Bird started out with singing "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood", the theme, then Zoe sang to Grover the song "I like you for who you are" (don't know the official name for that song), to which he got very embarassed, then Elmo and Wayne sang something. I have no idea what that was called. And then Rosita sang something. I don't know which Mr. Rogers song she sang.

Anyway, at the end, they all sang (at which Grover's voice became very evident) the end theme for Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

"It's such a good feeling
To know you're alive,
It's such a happy feeling,
This feeling inside,
And when you wak up, ready to say,
"I think I'll make a snappy today!"
And I'll be back
When the day is through,
And I'll have more ideas
For you.
And... something something... learn to talk about,
I will too."

I used to know that whole song.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed at many of the "famous TV moments" too, but I don't think news should have been included in that. They have separate ceremonies for hard-hitting news. It just doesn't gel. However, they had Mr. Hooper's death as one of the biggest moments too. You really had to sit through some garbage to get to it, but it was in there. I couldn't find where to vote for it on the web. :grouchy: Wish I knew what won that. They aren't listing it anywhere. What made me really mad is that after the clip, Wayne Brady said,” God bless Mr. Hooper" and the cheesy, smarmy soap crowd laughed! He shamed them a bit and said that he wasn't intending to be funny. The situation just solidified how brain dead the daytime talent really is. None of them will have the fame of Mr. Hooper anyway. :attitude:

I found it kind of funny that Spinney was at the book signing yesterday and Big Bird (via Matt Vogel) appeared at the Emmys. He didn’t mention that at the signing, but I sure was thinking about it. An obvious scheduling conflict. Vogel did a fantastic job. That’s the first time I’ve heard his Big bird knowing he was performing. I could tell the difference, but most people wouldn’t. :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the songs in the Fred Rogers Tribute Medley...

Won't You Be My Neighbor? - Big Bird
It's You I Like - Zoe and Grover
Everybody's Fancy - Wayne Brady and Elmo
Many Ways To Say I Love You - Rosita
It's Such A Good Feeling - Everyone

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
However, they had Mr. Hooper's death as one of the biggest moments too. You really had to sit through some garbage to get to it, but it was in there. I couldn't find where to vote for it on the web. :grouchy: Wish I knew what won that.
Luke and Laura's wedding on General Hospital won. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's perfectly in line with the taste of the daytime crowd. :grouchy:

Hays

Reaction score
Just happened to be channel surfing and caught the number! Can't stand all that soap opera stuff either- glad to have missed it.

I didn't think about the conflict, was wondering if that was Matt Vogel - he was a tidge faster and more animated, but did a terrific job.

Who did Grover? I'm so glad he's around more...he kinda took a back seat when Elmo exploded, and he was one of my favorites.

ssetta

Reaction score
Did any of you catch Michael Loman, the executive producer's speech? If so, what did you think of it?