Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I put on YouTube recently a very scarce but awesome sketch from Season 31: Spike Lee directing The Summer of Snuffy, a parody of his much darker film Summer of Sam. It's kind of a shame that it hasn't seen much light online, but I decided to upload it since celebrity appearances = awesome.

I love how they had an AM as the camera operator and using a real TV camera.

Spike Lee can't even pretend to act.

Garrett

Reaction score
Sorry,that " My mother taped " bit was an accident. I was going to say that my mother taped a few episodes from season 32 when I was two years old. Those episodes have really stuck with me and I used to watch them everyday. I remember each segment from these episodes so vividly. Sadly the tape broke awhile back. It would really mean a lot to me if I could see those episodes again. My favorite ones were Episode 3961,where Ernie starts his own band and episode 3973,when Big Bird and Snuffy act out Little Red Riding Hood.
Any chance you could upload images for the episode numbers and street scenes from 3923, 3927, 3930, 3931, 3932, 3933, 3935, 3938, 3941, 3942, 3945, 3946, 3948, 3949, 3955, 3966, 3968, 3969, 3971, 3972, 3973, 3974 and 3975 if you have them, or even post these episodes on YouTube? Any of the ones that you have. Post them on YouTube and get the images for the episode numbers and street scenes on Muppet Wiki if you can.

Garrett

Reaction score
I was going through one of my old tapes and saw Episode 3966,the one where Papa Bear teaches Baby Bear how to skate. I realized that this might have been the first episode where the entire storyline takes place within the same scene,perhaps they were testing out the new format before season 33 started.
Can you post that on YouTube and post the images for the episode number and street scenes on Muppet Wiki?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I put on YouTube recently a very scarce but awesome sketch from Season 31: Spike Lee directing The Summer of Snuffy, a parody of his much darker film Summer of Sam. It's kind of a shame that it hasn't seen much light online, but I decided to upload it since celebrity appearances = awesome.

I love how they had an AM as the camera operator and using a real TV camera.

I liked that one because it couldn't be done in the earlier episodes where Snuffy was first introduced and he had the opposite problem. (Sad all the time and was rarely seen happy.) This is a big indication of how much Snuffy's personality has changed over the years. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, Marty really made both Snuffy and Telly his own. Sure, in the beginning, you could tell he was trying to be as close to Jerry's Snuffy and Brian's Telly as best he could (FTB is an example of that), but Marty gave both characters dimension and depth that was lacking during their original incarnations. Even as far back as the 90s - you wouldn't see Snuffy dancing and singing a song like "Bubble on My Snuffle" back in the 70s or 80s. And, my gosh, look at the range of emotion Telly has: he was always a worry-wart, but Marty's Telly can get so caught up in his emotions, he can be almost manic at times, whereas Brian's Telly was more of an Eeyore. As much as I really like Brian as a performer (really, he was one of the more versatile performers back then, it's a shame he left), I really don't like his Telly.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Spike Lee can't even pretend to act.
But this is Sesame Street. The target audience might not even tell if he's pretending or not. :laugh:

I'm gonna try to upload the "Girl Talk" sketch from S31 w/ Margaret Cho and Prairie Dawn sometime this weekend. I'm honestly surprised that a few of that season's guest appearances haven't been on YouTube...there's Margaret Cho, Chaka Khan, and until recently, Joan Cusack and Spike Lee. Was season 31 not that memorable or something? Cause you'd think that with the reruns on Sprout for a while, somebody'd probably record them and share them on the 'net.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that a few of that season's guest appearances haven't been on YouTube...there's Margaret Cho, Chaka Khan, and until recently, Joan Cusack and Spike Lee. Was season 31 not that memorable or something?
Your right, those are some pretty big guest stars. This is just a guess but, I think it was because of the show's fleeting demographic. If you remember, the ratings hit a bit of a slump in the 90s and very early 2000s due to growing competition. Plus it doesn't seem like there were quite as many nostalgic adults watching as there would be a few years later. And on top of that, the internet wasn't as popular or easy to to use, so you didn't have all the pop culture and news websites alerting millions of people whenever there was a celebrity guest on the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I sort of "grew out" of SST by Season 31, I don't really remember much of it other than two or three episodes and the new EW episodes. I hate to admit it, but I believe I was finally getting "too old" for anything Muppets by that point: I never bothered with either MFS or EIG from the year before, and I kind of was just not watching SST altogether, even as Season 32 was airing. It wasn't until I saw the A&E special and was mesmerised by the behind-the-scenes footage that not only brought me back to SST, but gave me my appreciation and passion for puppetry in general since.