Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Can you ever grow out of the muppets? inpossible!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It wasn't until I saw the A&E special and was mesmerised by the behind-the-scenes footage that not only brought me back to SST, but gave me my appreciation and passion for puppetry in general since.
I first saw that special when I was five and it's the reason I decided to be a puppeteer and what really started my interest in the production of TV shows in general. I was especially fascinated by how Big Bird worked. Prior to that, I thought since he was so tall, there was no way a human could be inside of him, so he must've been a robot, lol. It was amazing to see how the show worked and to see all the Muppeteers for the very first time. And to finally learn about the history of the show. As a four year old, I was just a little kid obsessed with a preschool show, but ever since the A&E biography, I became a full on nerd.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was especially fascinated by how Big Bird worked. Prior to that, I thought since he was so tall, there was no way a human could be inside of him, so he must've been a robot, lol.
I'll go you one better: when I was a little kid, and I'd see scenes from Muppet movies and such where you'd see the characters in full-bodied display (such as them sitting around the campfire in TMM), my assumption was, because they were small, that little kids were inside miniature costumes, and then grown-ups were dubbing their voices in. It never really occured to me that Muppets were puppets, because at that age, a "puppet" was a like a traditional hand puppet, where your fingers go into the head and the hands of the puppet.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
And he did a great job too. When BB started singing, I couldn't tell if it was Matt's voice or if it was Caroll's.
I always I thought Matt did a great job with Big Bird, Caroll chose the right understudy for him.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's the first episode with Hero Guy. It's basically a 15 minute long Hero Guy segment but with more characters:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It's the first episode with Hero Guy. It's basically a 15 minute long Hero Guy segment but with more characters:
Honestly I feel Telly should of been in this episode because, seems like Telly and Baby Bear type episode.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Anyone remember Monsters in Day Care? It's sort of a predecessor to Monster Clubhouse, where Herry visits a day care and learns things there, then goes back to the Monster Day Care and explains to the others what he saw. On one occasion, they all sang the "MMM Monster Meal" song (probably my favorite one in the series).

I'm very surprised neither of these segments have been on YouTube before. Guess I must be the only person who has these rare segments from season 30 and 31, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I remember them too. One thing thaat bugged me about the nap time insert was that when the monsters have their own nap time, they all keep screaming "NAP TIME!" Y'know, when they're supposed to be napping? Not exactly how you take a nap.