The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, there's finally been an episode I've been waiting a long time to see.

No, it's not about Steven discovering a new power, it's not about a new Crystal Gem.

It's about the strained relationship between Sour Cream and Yellow Tail. Something a long time coming. And the return of his birth father....

...who tricks Sour Cream into helping him promote a disgusting soda, taking advantage of Sour Cream's dream to be a professional D.J. And of course, this winds up bringing Sour Cream and his stepfather closer together.

And Greg gets a big fat royalty check. Which was spoiled by the episode titles following.

And the Funko Blind box figures seem to be out now (though they seem to be Gamestop exclusive for some reason), as well as the POP vinyl figures released to general retail a good 7 months after Hot Topic's early release.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really enjoyed these two episodes. The first one seemed a bit more silly and random than usual for instance, the random slow motion gag with Sadie's mouth and Steven imagining
that he starves to death and his remains falling from the sky
I enjoyed this episode because it was very true to Steven's character and clearly from his point of view. Also, I was a little surprised we didn't see Peridot and Lapis considering they're all just leaving the barn. Seems they would've explained where they were.

Also, in the second episode, did anyone else notice that Ian Quartey Jones seemed to slip himself into the background during Sour Cream's concert?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how we occasionally have episodes where the Crystal Gems are absent, and the human characters are the focus instead.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been starting to like Steven Universe lately. It's a pretty good show in my opinion. By the way,

If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs. That line is SO funny and true! :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Deedee Magno really got to show off her singing chops in yesterday's episode, where Pearl still had a hard time getting over Rose Quartz's sacrifice. The animation was especially gorgeous during Pearl's solos, too. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
They did one of those "too short to ride the roller coaster" tropes, but that wasn't the focus. Instead, it focused on Peridot's inferiority complex with her loss of gadgetry and seeming lack of powers, and she even revealed that the newer Homeworld Gems lack the cool shapeshifting powers that Steven and Amethyst have. That is,
until Peri suddenly unlocks her ability to levitate objects, which she uses to win herself that alien plushie she desired.

Also gotta love the little callback to "Cat Fingers" when Steven and Amethyst were trying to get Peri to shapeshift.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wish Peridot spend more time at Funland for more humorous moments but, I still like the episode.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really liked the roller coaster episode. It was a nice spin on the usual, Steven finding out he had a new power, only this time it was one of the gems. Which was nice because it gave Peridot a little more development. Plus, I think this was the most we've seen Mr. Smiley in any episode. I hope he gets more major roles in future episodes, he's a pretty funny character.

As for today's episode, "The New Lars". I just don't get it. I just really wish we would get an episode that very clearly shows why Sadie likes Lars so much. We haven't really been given a reason to care about their relationship. He's just a jerk a majority of the time.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
As for today's episode, "The New Lars". I just don't get it. I just really wish we would get an episode that very clearly shows why Sadie likes Lars so much. We haven't really been given a reason to care about their relationship. He's just a jerk a majority of the time.
To be really honest I thought of this episode was nothing but filler but, good filler.