Any Closing Logos Fans?

mr3urious

Reaction score
or even the new PPG series which features live action footage of grown women dressed up as the girls? Seriously, say what you want about that show, I love seeing that at the end of every episode.
I think those are the actual VAs of the girls. :smile:

mariolover

Reaction score
Bump. I have been a huge logo fan ever since I was a little kid. This is a gem that was posted to YouTube a few years ago. It's a very rare version of a common logo. This was seen on all of the episodes of the final season of The Montel Williams Show (except for the last episode ever of the show, which used the standard long version.). It was also used on only one episode of Dr. Phil from 2007 that acknowledged the death of KingWorld's founder Charles King.

They probably used that version on that Dr. Phil episode because that was such an intense moment. CTD is known for using longer versions of their logos on more intense episodes of their shows. I'm surprised Montel used the extended versions because they focused mostly on happy, inspirational stories.

And here are the rest of the Montel logos:
I remember seeing all of these logos as a little kid (standard versions only, only recently did I see the extended versions for the first time ever in my life.), most likely on Dr. Phil.

Unfortunately, when older Dr. Phil episodes are rerun on OWN, they remove the CC bumpers. And when they ran the Jeopardy! vault, they unfortunately plastered Merv Griffin Enterprises, KingWorld, and Columbia/TriStar Television with CBS Television Distribution/Sony Pictures Television and they removed the Jeopardy! Online bumpers

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
Another personal favorite! Interestingly, the 1999 VHS of The Muppets Take Manhattan uses the silent version, even though the theatrical release and all other home media releases use the normal version with the fanfare.

And, as many of you probably know, Family Guy parodied it:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Too many to count.
But two from the 70s:

MTM with the kitten (Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, Lou Grant, WKRP in Cincinnati, etc.)

At first I thought it was a spoof of the MGM lion.

And the PBS logo 1971-1984. So much of my childhood right here. At least five times a day hearing those ten seconds of Moog magic.
( Actually, the synthesizer used was a little rig called the VCS3, used very well on Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon):

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The MTM logo with the kitten (Mimsie was her name), I would cover my ears whenever it appeared when I was much younger. I hated the meow, though I had no problem with any real domestic cat meowing.

Two closing logos I truly appreciated were the Hanna-Barbera Productions "swirling star" logo used in 1979 and much of the 1980s.

I also enjoyed the 1980s logos for Filmation (the one with the letters coming in from left to right), and the Ruby-Spears logo used during much of the 1980s.

Regarding non-cartoons, I also like the "Four D Productions" closing logo (with the four interlocking Ds appearing one by one) seen on the end of "Barney Miller", even though I never did have an interest in that sitcom. I wonder what happened to "Four D"? Did they get acquired by a bigger company?

I know Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears got acquired by Warner Bros., but recently their cartoon libraries got acquired by another company (was it AT&T? Someone please clarify?).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No. MTM was either short for Mary Tyler Moore, or the T stood for Grant Tinker, her husband, who was a big network executive for NBC.

Either way, the kitten was adorable.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The MTM logo with the kitten (Mimsie was her name), I would cover my ears whenever it appeared when I was much younger. I hated the meow, though I had no problem with any real domestic cat meowing.

Two closing logos I truly appreciated were the Hanna-Barbera Productions "swirling star" logo used in 1979 and much of the 1980s.

I also enjoyed the 1980s logos for Filmation (the one with the letters coming in from left to right), and the Ruby-Spears logo used during much of the 1980s.

Regarding non-cartoons, I also like the "Four D Productions" closing logo (with the four interlocking Ds appearing one by one) seen on the end of "Barney Miller", even though I never did have an interest in that sitcom. I wonder what happened to "Four D"? Did they get acquired by a bigger company?

I know Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears got acquired by Warner Bros., but recently their cartoon libraries got acquired by another company (was it AT&T? Someone please clarify?).
Unfortunately 4D didn’t have a very long shelf life, apart from Barney Miller and its spinoff, Fish.

mariolover

Reaction score
I'm sure you all know this one! This one was seen on my childhood Sesame Street VHS tapes and DVDs!

mariolover

Reaction score
The logos from 0:43 onward were my childhood and they are great logos! (except for MGM Home Entertainment which was the least memorable since it's basically nothing but the standard MGM logo with Home Entertainment on the bottom).

The logo below is obviously a fan-made version of the real CBS/FOX logo, but well done:

The logos below are awesome too, even though I did not see them in my childhood: