The "Adventure Time" Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
The first new episode in a long time was about Finn getting cheered up over his broken sword by a music contest he got to judge. I especially loved Flame Princess and NEPTR's rap duet, which is fitting as Andy Milonakis did a lot of rapping on that stupid show he had on MTV years back.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just glad they showed an episode at this point. I know these shows go on a weird rotation, but they don't even show reruns of AT on a regular basis anymore.

Kinda wish this had more music from other characters, though.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is anyone else a little worried about Cartoon Network's treatment of Adventure Time recently? They rarely show it anymore or even advertise it as much as their other shows. I know it's been renewed for an eighth season and the seventh isn't over yet but it just feels like people aren't even going to remember or care about the show soon. Which is a huge shame as it's one of CN's best shows and it used to be extremely popular. I really hope the network isn't trying to screw the show up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'm glad the show keeps getting renewed, I wish they'd freaking show some already!

Also, why is there such a lack of reruns? Like, they can't spend an hour a day to pay tribute to the show that turned the network around?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... It used to be they'd air AT rerun marathons during the weekdays or at least during some point in the weekend block, that plust the SU mini-marathons helped me get up to date with the series. Frankly I haven't watched anything, although I heard there was a "Card Wars" event/new episode.

Nowadays it's all about their precious TTG getting the mandatory marathons that take up all the morning from 8-12 AM/PM and the central 6:00-6:30 PM spot even if it's not the lead-off hitter at 5 PM. Bleh. :rolleyes: :attitude:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Exactly, that's exactly what I was saying earlier in the thread. Seriously, they show TTG and Gumball a million times a day. While I like Gumball and I know TTG is popular, still they could squeeze in at least one episode of Adventure Time and Regular Show

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems like that Halloween episode isn't the last time The Simpsons would pay tribute to AT. Check out this week's upcoming couch gag.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Seems like that Halloween episode isn't the last time The Simpsons would pay tribute to AT. Check out this week's upcoming couch gag.

That was pretty great. And, is that Pendleton Ward? It sounds like they actually got Pen to sing the song!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's official The show's ending in 2018

Kinda not surprised that, even though it's still a high priority for merchandising, they really don't run the show even in reruns anymore. Plus, 9 or so seasons...not a bad run. Lots of fans jumped the show a season or so back. As long as we get a decent ending.

Still, I'm getting show cancelling fatigue. Nick dumping Sanjay and Craig and Pig Goat banana Cricket, while Harvey Beaks's staff decided to end the show because they knew that was inevitable, Disney canning Wander because Noah Jones didn't create it, and CN basically slashing and burning everything it has because they're CN. It's been a while since animation came back from that 2005-009 slump of awful live action programming being en vogue. Shame that things almost certainly look like another massive fall for animation.