Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm made it redundantly clear that I will not use Chrome.

I checked out Opera, and while it lacks a lot of the bells and whistles IE had, at least in the grand scheme of things, it looks and acts very similarly to IE, so I think I'll stick with it.

Right off the bat there's one perk: video playback on YouTube is a lot smoother than in IE . . . but there seems to be permanent pixelation in watching videos in HD, whereas in IE, all you had to do was move your cursor over the video and the pixelation smoothed itself out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap - there was never an option to watch videos at 60 fps in IE, but there sure is in Opera, and boy, I'm getting dizzy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Guess whos finally starting to have youtube issues :smirk:

for some reason on firefox videos have only recently started taking ages to innitially load and sometimes the video is just audio and the actual visual part fails to load until i reset the entire browser. Chrome doesnt have this problem so im wonddering if its a bad firefox update that broke youtube or something

Schfifty

Reaction score
I am absolutely, completely, positively, and totally P!$$3D OFF! The one thing I was avoiding for months is now has become unavoidable: I had to finally make the permanent switch to Firefox, I had no other choice. YouTube has completely disabled the older player in Compatibility View, and of course they intentionally left certain playback settings off the new player in IE (all but 360 and 720p). Because YouTube is such a significant site that I use regularly everyday, I had to finally switch to Firefox.

And I hate it.

Text and fonts look weird, the address bar holds less addresses, typing an address in the address bar shows results for every single fricken page I've visited within the site, browser history is a joke, and there's the tabbed browsing - I hate tabbed browsing.
Aw, that's too bad you had to finally switch. Personally, I prefer Firefox over Internet Explorer because I like the interface and features better. Downloading images and viewing image information is much better, too. Neither of those browsers top Chrome, though... :wink:

But there's one thing I discovered yesterday that I have no idea why YouTube bothered to change it - you can't view analytics for unlisted videos anymore. Why?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, seriously? Subscription updates from ten years ago? Uh, hey YouTube? I'd much rather receive updates about videos that were recently uploaded by channels I'm subscribed to, as opposed to seeing updates for videos I've already seen that were uploaded a decade ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube really needs to update their dispute process, because the fact that there are third-party companies out there filing claims for the wrong thing, or the wrong companies are filing claims, are a far too common occurence for this not to be disputed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Opera somehow messes with color, because I'm noticing certain colors on videos look different than they did previously in IE: lime green, for example, now looks more like crayola green; magenta now looks fushia; different shades of purple look a tad more bluish.

But what gets me is that even in Opera, when you can evidently install many different adblockers on the browser as add-ons and extensions . . . Dailymotion still manages to find ways to bypass all of them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, ugh, has it only been just smaller channels that YouTube disabled tags for years ago? Because I can tell you from experience that no matter what tags I use on my videos, they won't show up in the search results with those keywords, and I know that other smaller channels are affected by this as well. But, all of these really big, huge, partner channels keep saying one of the tricks to their success is the tags they use for their videos . . . but how can that be when YouTube disabled tags years ago? Unless it was only smaller channels they disabled tags for, in which case, thanks for ******* us over again, YouTube.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder why Youtube now let's you change speed in videos? It's kind of useless.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems to be like how some DVD players have "rapid play" feature.