Lost Media Wiki

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those were routinely weeded out with some exceptions. There was a case when everyone was pushing for Polybus being a real thing when it wasn't. But stuff like Nightmare Mouse (which wasn't even lost to begin with), that Polish kid's show that was too horrifying to be anything close to real, and some dumb thing about Steven Universe were all pulled down the second they were introduced.

But you're right. A lot of trolls came in and spammed the site with Creepypasta crap, so the site owner had to move the site completely. That and the fact there was some problems with their hosting site I didn't read much into to give the play by play.

Harleena

Reaction score
Those were routinely weeded out with some exceptions. There was a case when everyone was pushing for Polybus being a real thing when it wasn't. But stuff like Nightmare Mouse (which wasn't even lost to begin with), that Polish kid's show that was too horrifying to be anything close to real, and some dumb thing about Steven Universe were all pulled down the second they were introduced.

But you're right. A lot of trolls came in and spammed the site with Creepypasta crap, so the site owner had to move the site completely. That and the fact there was some problems with their hosting site I didn't read much into to give the play by play.
I'm honestly surprised that no one has tried to put Candle Cove up there (if they did, I didn't see it…sorry, my friend and I love Candle Cove. She's even cosplaying as Pirate Percy…). And what was the Polish kids' show crap?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I have no idea why A Day with SpongeBob SquarePants - some DTV parody of SpongeBob, became the most sought after and investigated lost film for a few months. Of all things, an unauthorized SpongeBob flick.

Looks like the mystery behind that film has been solved with an incredibly anti-climactic answer. I don't think it even counts as lost media anymore considering it never existed in the first place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was starting to think that was the case. Not so much legal retribution, but rather fear that it could lead to it that lead the project to being unfinished.

That said, it at least exists in script form. That's more than most lost, unproduced films ever get.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it exists as a script, it technically exists. Films usually get smacked down in the preproduction phase like that. Some films get an announcement and a slight outline and disappear forever and are counted as "lost."

Then of course the problem is the term "lost" media is pretty stretched thin. Does lost mean no longer in print and not uploaded to youtube or a torrent site? Does it mean an unfinished project on various levels of completion? Does it actually mean that it's footage that was gone for good that no one backed up, recorded, or thought to hold onto, even the producers? Or does it mean something that exists, but someone's sitting on it, refusing to release it?

I get the feeling it's all of those and more.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
This ADWSS film apparently has most of its script and some promo material finished, but no filming ever took place. So, it does still count as lost.

I am curious to see if the film will ever be completed. According to the creator and LMW there'll be some sort of crowdfunding effort for it.

Harleena

Reaction score
I have no idea why A Day with SpongeBob SquarePants - some DTV parody of SpongeBob, became the most sought after and investigated lost film for a few months. Of all things, an unauthorized SpongeBob flick.

Looks like the mystery behind that film has been solved with an incredibly anti-climactic answer. I don't think it even counts as lost media anymore considering it never existed in the first place.

NOOOOOO!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This ADWSS film apparently has most of its script and some promo material finished, but no filming ever took place. So, it does still count as lost.

I am curious to see if the film will ever be completed. According to the creator and LMW there'll be some sort of crowdfunding effort for it.
The sad thing is, I really think Nickelodeon would stand to buy it and make a legal version of the script... if it weren't for the obvious "unsolicited works" clause that every studio has. I'm sure the writers and Spongebob staff would have loved to have been on board. Just not the copyright holders.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I do enjoy the idea. The film looked like some sort of disposable bargain bin DVD at first, judging by the cover and brief Amazing description of the premise. But after hearing the scriptwriter's explanation I really would like to see how this film would play out.

Drtooth said:
...if it weren't for the obvious "unsolicited works" clause that every studio has. I'm sure the writers and Spongebob staff would have loved to have been on board. Just not the copyright holders.
Which is a shame, since if this film does ever get made Viacom will probably strike down on it given how uppity they are with copyright and parodies.