Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The puppetry is kind of the reason why it's currently 3am and I can't sleep.

Because Lips has such a bright and colourful design, he kept attracting my attention over the others. He really did look fantastic. The way Mike Quinn had him walking wasn't too distracting and I loved that he and Steve were willing to try different things. Not only did Lips walk across the stage a couple of times, but he also had one foot up on an amp to pose while he got into a trumpet heavy section. He even sat on an amp a couple of times. And of course the 'playing' of the trumpet was detailed and pretty authentic looking.

It blows me away every time when the performers go above and beyond what was expected. They could have just hid behind a barrier where the band was only seen from the waist. But no. Instead they decided to create the illusion of a solid floor being present, even if it made the job tougher than it needed to be.

I keep questioning why I admire the performers as much as I do. THIS is the perfect answer to that question. It's a bit hard to admire actors once you realize that there are people who can accomplish the same range of acting using only their voices and arms to emote and create movement.

I froggin' love the Muppet Performers. Each and every single one of them.
Well this was huge for them as well.I kept thinking last night how Jim always wanted to push the limits with puppetering. If he had been a part of this he would have been proud of the work,because it was the best.

Also the band is hot right now, and I hope that this concert helps them do more things.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Is there any way you could just make one of the 'can you picture that' part?

tarasis

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the videos. Very much looking forward to seeing the performances. (And reminds me that I meant to look for a video of The Muppets being performed live from many years back, though its prob gone from Youtube by now)

Last edited:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the videos. Very much looking forward to seeing the performances. (And reminds me that I meant to look for a video of The Muppets being performed live from many years back, though its prob gone from Youtube by now)
Are you refering to "The Muppet Show Live" in Hollywood for Muppetfest?