Where Is Disney Going With The Muppets?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Where Is Disney Going With The Muppets, what's next?? Are we getting a Theatrical movie, a TV Show, something on Netflix?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's a great question,and I honestly don't think that a new show or movie is the way to go right now. They really hit the ball out of the park with that concert,and I think they should focus more on that and on other music as well.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
It's a great question,and I honestly don't think that a new show or movie is the way to go right now. They really hit the ball out of the park with that concert,and I think they should focus more on that and on other music as well.
Oh, I think TV and movie is the way to go but on Netflix, have you seen that critically acclaimed show on Neflix Stranger Things,
I believe Stranger Things was a game changer it showed the future of what TV will look like, Shorter more intimate seasons without filler episodes, No commercials and they track what you are watching every time you watch something on Netflix, and it was a great show! With the Disney deal with Netflix look for a Muppets TV Show or Movie on Netflix in the coming months years, the Disney Deal with Netflix goes in to effect in September...
also if you haven't checked out Stranger Things I would recommend checking it out it is really cool, Netflix is only $10.00 a month totally affordable !

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And getting Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show and other older Muppet productions released on DVD.

And of course we have all the new Muppet offerings at Disney World debuting later this year (PizzeRizzo, the Liberty Square show, etc.), with likely even more to come in the near future.

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
one thing I like that Netflix and other streaming services and even cable on-demand is doing is Tracking what everybody is watching so every time you watch a program on streaming they know what you are watching, it is the death of Nielson Ratings! Oh, and DVR to!

this way you are getting a more accurate look at what people are watching, With the Nielson Ratings most people don't partake in Nielson Ratings, not even a thousand, where as millions of people watch TV each night...

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, and a key player in the invasion of privacy.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
But at least It Is more accurate, do you trust Nielson Ratings? or think it is fair that our favorite shows get canceled based on what hundreds of viewers think, ok, may be thousands but not most viewers not by a long shot, at least now it is way more accurate, and I have known all this for years, when I brought It up on the internet years ago people thought I was nuts. really it is just common sense.:smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Are streaming services monitoring what we watch really that much different than when TV networks monitor what we watch? I mean, they kind of have to in order to know what's popular and what's not.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Are streaming services monitoring what we watch really that much different than when TV networks monitor what we watch? I mean, they kind of have to in order to know what's popular and what's not.
Well in the past Before the invention of On-Demand and even in the beginning of On-Demand the networks didn't monitor what we are watching, the Technology did not exist . back then They did a Nielson Ratings survey, but maybe a thousand people participated in the survey if that? where as Millions of people watch TV each night It is a really inaccurate system.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well if your ashamed of what your watching then you shouldn't be watching it.....

Disney is not going to do a movie or show so quickly. There last movie bombed at the box office, and the show had to be "re tooled" which led to it being cancelled. If they are smart they will build off what has made them successful. Which has been Internet videos, and something with the band. There is a massive fan following that is constantly growing for the Electric Mayhem. Newer and younger fans seem to be relating to them, more than any other Muppet Characters. So I really think that the smart move for Disney is to do those two things.