Need Help with a New Website

MuppetDude

Reaction score
First, I have no idea what Hays is talking about, ISP and stuff like that.

Second, Warrick, I was planning to include all videos and put them in different categories (My SS Home Video [which is still in business, but they got rid of the "My" part], Sesame Songs, Movies, Specials, etc.) I'd also prefer them in chronological order. Each video would have a release date (or year), the company who released it (in some cases there are two), a description of it, a list of sketches (if any), credits, and whatever anybody else might want to add to it. I'd also want to include the video box's pictures both front and back, original and current, and maybe a few pics from the content of the video itself.

Here's an example of the first video from the My SS Home Video Series:

GETTING READY TO READ

Release Date: 1986
Running Time: 30 minutes
Company: CTW, Random House, and Sony Wonder

Synopsis (or Description, whichever one you prefer):
Big Bird is working at the "Reading Hotline". People call in or come by when they need help with words. Sam and his pet cat, Rocky, learn how to read food boxes. Ferlinghetti Donizetti demonstrates rhyming words. Maria shows how words that rhyme can easily be read. And all our other friends show how much fun reading can be.

What You'll See...

*Grover Reads the Walking WALK
*Ernie's Rhyming Game
*Cartoon: Clothing-Eating Animals Poem
*Cookie Monster's Galoshes Poem
*Song: "Fat Cat" by Mah Na Mah Na and the Anything Muppets
*Song: "The Word-Family Song ("OP") by the Anything Muppets
*Animation: Hen, Pen, Ten, Men
*Song: "Gimmie Mud" by Slimey and the Worms
*Cookie Monster Reads FOOD
*Song: "Sound It Out" by Same-Sound Brown and Farley
*Cartoon: We're on the BUS
*The Two-Headed Monster Reads RUN

Credits:
(This would include anyone listed in the ending credits. For actors, though...)

THE MUPPET PERFORMERS:

Starring CAROLL SPINNEY as Big Bird and Oscar
with
JIM HENSON as Ernie, Kermit the Frog, Mah Na Mah Na, and Lavendar AM in "Fat Cat"(voice)
FRANK OZ as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Blue AM
JERRY NELSON as Green AM in "Fat Cat", Lavendar AM (in "Word Family Song"), Farley, and Two-Headed Monster
RICHARD HUNT as Lavendar AM in "Fat Cat" (puppeteer), Same-Sound Brown (puppeteer), and Two-Headed Monster
KEVIN CLASH as Sam, Ferlinghetti Donizetti, and Honker
MARTIN P. ROBINSON as Rocky the Cat and Tan Monster Customer
FRAN BRILL as Green Female AM (in "Word Family Song")
PAM ARCIERO as Pammy

THE LIVE CAST:
SONIA MANZANO as Maria
NORTHERN CALLOWAY as Same-Sound Brown (voice)

Is that okay?

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
I hate my school so much. The staff thinks their so special or something. They block sites that arent even offensive if their on angelfire or tripod. And plus they went into my folder on their server and delted my sounds folder and videos folder without even TELLING me.
OK I realize this is a little off topic, but Clean Glutch, something you should know is that schools, libraries, internet cafes etc. -- any place that allows generalized internet access, do these things as a matter of routine for a couple of reasons: Downloading files to a hard drive always carries the risk of some kind of a virus which can cause problems that can't always be cleaned up with anti-virus software. Also if there's many people using the same computer who are downloading files, the overall effect is cumulative which means pretty soon an entrie hard drive, or at least a lot of space can get filled up with everyone else's files and leaves less space for them to install software and other programs. I took some courses at a local community college about a year or two ago and Napster was still around then and a lot of the students were downloading music files which take up a huge amount of space on a hard drive, so the department soon established a clear policy against it. So don't take it too personally when they delete your files.

You have a point about older kids playing games though and also wonder why your school would allow local seniors to come in and access the internet in a school library :confused:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Thanks Hays, but for the time being I think we should put the page on hiatus for a while. I'm busy with other things, but I will come back to it when I'm available.

Hays

Reaction score
No prob, dude! Keep us posted!