R.I.P. Toots Thielemans

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't know about this till just now: I was going through some YouTube comments on my goof-off account, and I saw the video I uploaded of the full complete original closing theme song (before Jonathan Brangwynne uploaded a cleaner version) was suddenly bombard with comments about his death.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know who he was, Toot's is the guy who performed the famous rendition of Sesame Street's theme song that played at the end of almost every episode from the 70s and 80s:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, this is the Sesame closing theme burned into my soul. In the early days, he sat in with Joe Raposo quite a bit and made beautiful music.

Reunited in Heaven today, the first thing out of Joe's mouth would be, "Hiya, Toots!!!" 8)

Thank you Toots. Your harmonica was the sweetest ear candy.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Toots Thielemans was quite an accomplished musician! Besides the aforementioned Sesame Street contributions, he also played with the likes of Julian Lennon, Paul Simon, Dizzy Gillespie, Billy Joel and John Denver (many of whom also had Sesame Street and/or The Muppet Show connections.)
And of course, he also played alongside jazz legends like Sidney Bechet, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis and Max Roach!:sing::flirt::big_grin: :halo:And I can't forget saxophonist Zoot Sims!:cool:
And he was a Belgian- cool! I didn't know that before. May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time.:concern::frown::sympathy::cry:

gravy

Reaction score
Toots will be missed. It's a good thing he got to live a long life up to 94 years old.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Ah, you guys r right. That is sweet harmonica music! :smile: Such performers will be greatly missed...