R.I.P. Toots Thielemans

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a nice video. It's the original Sesame Street House Band from the early 70's featuring: Joe Raposo (piano), Ed Shaughnessy (drums), Danny Epstein (vibraphone), Toots Thielemans (guitar and harmonica) and Bob Cranshaw (bass).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Here's a nice video. It's the original Sesame Street House Band from the early 70's featuring: Joe Raposo (piano), Ed Shaughnessy (drums), Danny Epstein (vibraphone), Toots Thielemans (guitar and harmonica) and Bob Cranshaw (bass).

Thanks for finding and sharing this Phillip.

backpackmina

Reaction score
Mr. Thielemans and his harmonica intro were a big part of my childhood. When I was a kid, everytime I heard a harmonica playing, my mind would immediately go to SS and I'd then go remind myself to watch my old VHS tapes. I had no idea they were from the 80s, I thought I was watching PBS. So one day when I really did watch SS on PBS, I saw that the intro was gone. I was FURIOUS!! My mom noticed and bought me some random Muppets movies and videos I guess to cheer me up and so began my Muppet fanaticism. In a matter of speaking, if it had not been Thielemans' harmonica intro, I most likely would not be the Muppet fan I am today, and even the person I am in general!

Will Miss You :cry: