Regular Show Series Talkback!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Benson's finally growing some gumballs. No doubt he will chew out Mr. Maellard once the time comes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Rigby has finally graduated, but his nervousness over giving a speech in front of a national audience puts a roadblock in his path, not helped by Mordecai's ego getting a little crushed over him succeeding in such a big way. Meanwhile, Benson reunites with Pam in time just as the dome experiment is about to come to an end.

But just when those conflicts are resolved, the crew gets a message to head back to the park, where they are told that in order to completely end the experiment, they must push that mysterious red button.
This sends the park into space, leading to who knows what. Maybe they'll catch a bout of "Space Madness"? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was kinda worried at the beginning when the scientists left that they were going to deal with this Dome Experiment part 2 story arc in a pretty anti-climactic manner.

Last minute of the show proved me dead wrong.

I really like how the episode had Mordecai dealing with the fact he was jealous that everything was going up for Rigby since Muscle Man's wedding, while he was dealing with a bad break up. Even mentioned that he did sort of look down on Rigby as the underachiever, but not in a spiteful way. Kinda wish they spent a little more time on that, but I don't think it could have fit in 20 minutes of showtime.

C to the J

Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd we never see the words "To be continued" at the end of an episode that ends on a cliffhanger? This may be some kind of trend, even for the Netflix-exclusive shows by Dreamworks Animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think shows like that really need it anymore. Quite a few cartoons are so serialized now that it's almost expected.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like the next season is the last. And on the one hand, it really sucks, especially since they don't even rerun the show regularly anymore. But on the other hand, I really think if there was a time to end the show, it's now. Character arcs are closing, there really isn't too much more they could do with some of the concepts without it becoming hideously repetitive. I just hope this decision gave the writers enough closure to end the series on a high, satisfying note, rather than an annoying "the adventure continues" or some other unsatisfying abrupt end.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's really sad. But I agree with you, this is the best time to end it. I just really, reeally hope CN starts rerunning the show on a more regular basis before it's over.

I don't want it to end, but all shows must end at some point. The channel will never be the same without them. But hey, at least we've still got a full season left, plus, at least two more seasons of Adventure Time. :smile: :smirk: :sympathy: :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't want it to end, but all shows must end at some point. The channel will never be the same without them. But hey, at least we've still got a full season left, plus, at least two more seasons of Adventure Time. :smile: :smirk: :sympathy: :cry:
Regular Show was on for 8 seasons. That's 7 more seasons than what Green Lantern or Beware the Batman got. And at least they didn't go around as sneaky as they did with Uncle Grandpa saying that they renewed it, but then revealing they had enough episodes to split up into 2 seasons and canned it afterwards. I'm sad to see the show go, but the show does kinda need to end. If it wasn't for the Dome Experiment saga, I'd feel that Rigby's Graduation would have been a satisfying ending. The only thing I really need to see is closure for Benson's arc. Rigby has grown up and applied himself, Mordecai just needs a few episodes more to deal with Margret, Muscle Man has been married off. I honestly think Skips should have his own spinoff, but that's just me. All we need is Benson's ending. Either reconciling with his father or finding a better lot in life than the park or both.

mr3urious

Reaction score
High-Five Ghost could use some more focus, too. I always felt him to be the most elusive of the main cast.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. High-Five Ghost has really always seemed more like a recurring character rather than a main one. It would be nice to get at least a couple of episodes where he gets a bit more development. Frankly, half the time I forget he was even on the show.