Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, not of the target demographic, not really my business to say as an adult. As an avid cartoon watcher who frequents channels designated for kids, I'm very annoyed by Disney metaphorically taking a funnel and plunger and forcefully ramming "Walk the Prank" down the audience's throats. Especially since it's been promoted to the channel no one gets to the standard Disney channel that's essentially for tweenage girls who love their terrible kidcoms.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Again, not of the target demographic, not really my business to say as an adult. As an avid cartoon watcher who frequents channels designated for kids, I'm very annoyed by Disney metaphorically taking a funnel and plunger and forcefully ramming "Walk the Prank" down the audience's throats. Especially since it's been promoted to the channel no one gets to the standard Disney channel that's essentially for tweenage girls who love their terrible kidcoms.
It seems like a kid's version of Jack***, another show that gets on my nerves. Watching pranks on YouTube is funny, but basing a WHOLE TV SHOW off of it is kinda ridiculous. Plus it bothers me when people get mad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Naw...it's more like that prank show that Kelso from That 70's Show did, only well over a decade of being culturally irrelevant in between. Every promo I happen to see can be summed up as "guy in creepy costume make person go 'BWAAAAAA!'" It's not even a prank show. It's a jump scare show.

Specifically as someone that never really liked the kid of older kid live action shows, sure...I can't wrap my head around the appeal of these things. But seriously, I think someone's cooking the books with this stuff. Sure, Wander, Gravity Falls, and Star vs are clearly for older kids and tweens, as well as older animation fans. I get that. But I don't see kids actually liking this show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. Know what show is incredibly anooying, but it has nothing to do with the show's content?

Dragonball Kai.

Insomuch as, the original Japanese version of the show stops at the end of the Cell arc because of ratings or wanting to put Toriko in the time slot or whatever. But well after it ending, it was announced that Kai would be continued for the international market, especially the US (where it's one of three anime anyone in this country's ever heard of, right up their with Sailor Moon and Pokemon).

So what happens?

Japan replaces Toriko's slot with the Kai episodes that were made for every country except them, and Funimation decides ehhh and skips to Dragon ball Super. So, the country the show was made for doesn't even get it.

Nice.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard of Supernoobs, Scott Fellows' successor to Johnny Test? Even though it's not a great show as a whole, comparatively it's a lot better than JT. The concept feels stronger, the pacing less spastic, the animation more fluid, and those incessant whip crack sounds practically non-existent. Best of all, neither Teletoon nor CN seem to be milking it to death... for now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard of Supernoobs, Scott Fellows' successor to Johnny Test? Even though it's not a great show as a whole, comparatively it's a lot better than JT. The concept feels stronger, the pacing less spastic, the animation more fluid, and those incessant whip crack sounds practically non-existent. Best of all, neither Teletoon nor CN seem to be milking it to death... for now.
Yeah, I admit, Scott Fellows' shows can go pretty overboard with the sound effects, but I think he is capable of making pretty good shows. For instance, I always enjoyed "Ned's Declassified", "Big Time Rush" could get pretty generic at times but it could still be funny when it wanted to. But yeah, his shows are a pretty mixed bag, like his most recent Nickelodeon show "100 Things to Do Before High School" which is literally just an unimaginative copy of "Ned's"

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem with Johnny Test as I see it is that it started out as a decent cartoon with some actual talent involved. I swear I saw Chris Savino's name on some first season episodes. Mike Kazaleah did some storyboards first season as well. Then WB decided they don't want to produce it anymore, so they let the co-production company have it, and it got cheap. Dirt cheap, getting every bit cheaper. The same company that dropped it like a hot rock for production purposes would later milk the crap out of it on another network because they were able to get the broadcast rights dirt cheap, so they have an at best meh Saturday Morning Kid's WB show that would otherwise have been forgotten, and ran it as cheap filler in their "I really wanted to run MTV!" days.

When the show got too cheap and every slight movement was punctuated by Whip Crack sounds, that's when it went from mildly amusing to downright unwatchable. Though I still love their "Take That" against youtube celebrities being in terrible movies, especially the one in particular that somehow got 3 and 2 TV shows no one wanted.

As for Supernoobs, the concept is stronger than the execution, and I get the point that they're all really reluctant. But must they run and scream every 2 minutes. It is, by all means, a far better show than JT ever was or could have been. I'd say, unlike JT, CN just rushed out as many new episodes as possible, only to bury them under TTG reruns. I'm crushed about Bunnicula, and disappointed in how Scooby and Wabbit have been handled (they are shown in reruns on Boomerang without a single new episode they're sitting on), but Supernoobs fading into obscurity the second they ran out of episodes isn't disappointing at all.

Convincing John

Reaction score
WGN's "The Bozo Show" from 1984-2001 (with Joey D'Auria as Bozo) has to top the list for me as the most annoying show ever. This version of The Bozo Show had both live action and animation. I tried to find a full episode online from the late 1980's-early 1990's...but apparently, those shows are really rare because they weren't taped or the tapes were all recorded over with other shows. A part of me thinks "thank goodness for that!"

Those of you who didn't grow up with Bozo (especially the Chicago Bozo), Krusty the Clown's on-camera behavior wasn't too far from it. (Krusty's voice was based on Bob Bell, who played the original Chicago Bozo). I wish that I could especially find the theme song from the 1989-1992 era of the show, just to show you. It's the type of thing that could easily have been played to torture military prisoners in Guantanamo. Imagine a blasting, rapid circus fanfare, pounding bass drums, whistles (like a coach or referee uses) and an announcer that yells everything like Garrett Morris doing his "News for the Hard of Hearing" bit on SNL. They also used a lot of swinging the camera around and zooming in and out rapidly to create "action". It made you sick to look at it.

The whole show was like that. Everyone yelled: the clowns, the kids and the ringmaster. The music cues blasted after every joke or act. It wasn't like Caroll Spinney's bits from the Boston Bozo Show. Those you can watch and be impressed by the Mr. Lion bits. (We'd appreciate them on a different level, since it's Caroll).

The worst part of it was, my father used the Bozo Show to wake up my sister and I every weekday morning before school. He'd turn up all the TVs in the house full blast and even take the volume knobs off of the TVs so my sister and I couldn't turn the volume down again. It was like when Bugs Bunny was in the army and got woken up by Reveille.

Back then, everything on WGN from 7:00AM-9:30AM was extremely loud, even with the TV volume at a normal level, even the commercials. There was Mr. Bucket (of course), this Mickey Mouse Playhouse commercial:

Finally, there was this one for a game called "Melvin". Yeah, imagine hearing this at full blast every morning along with Bozo:

One of the best pieces of evidence I can find of the 1980's WGN Chicago Bozo Show I remember is this promo. It's not the theme music I was looking for, but at least you can get kind of an idea:

Because of the description in another YouTube video, (dirty word) I can't post it here, but if you look for "Bozo Show with Andy" on Youtube, you'll see a clip from the show, featuring the "Grand Prize Game". They played this game on every show.

The only thing I really liked about Bozo was since it was filmed/aired live, there were bloopers they couldn't cut out. One time, some kid got really mad when he missed the 2nd bucket. He kicked the buckets over, (including the one filled with ping pong balls, which went all over) and went into a huge screaming, kicking, Donald Duck temper tantrum on the air! Imagine Kylo Ren being the butt of Mr. Moose's ping pong ball prank and how he'd react to it. Yeah, it looked like that.

The cameras quickly zoomed in on Bozo's face while ushers and security had to haul the thrashing, screaming kid out of the shot. Bozo quickly announced "Hey kids! It's time for a cartoon!"