Biff and Sully appreciation thread

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Pig Laundry is basically asking you, have you watched SST recently?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe they can start bringing back some of the older minor characters like Biff, Sully, Herry and Frazzle to compensate for the loss of Joey Mazzarino. That's just assuming Joey's characters will have a reduced role now that he's gone.
I don't think it's been officially confirmed whether Joey's characters will be recast, but even if they aren't, I doubt Sesame Workshop feels a big need to have additional characters to compensate for their absence, considering that this past season had a reduced focus on characters.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Murray is not returning according to Matt Vogel for being so much of Joey.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at but yes I have.
I didn't mean anything by it, it's just that you didn't know Joey was the head writer, so I just assumed you hadn't been watching in a while like some of the other members here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't mean anything by it, it's just that you didn't know Joey was the head writer, so I just assumed you hadn't been watching in a while like some of the other members here.
Just because he didn't know Mazzarino was the head writer doesn't mean he hadn't been watching. I think I'm more aware that he was head writer and a director from Muppet Wiki, discussions here and at Tough Pigs, and the interview he did for Tough Pigs in 2008 than I am from seeing it in the credits.

Princeton

Reaction score
I feel like bringing back Jerry's retired characters to compensate for losing Joey's characters isn't a good enough reason to bring them back. But at the very least there needs to be another main male Monster besides Elmo. So the way I see it, they need to either introduce a new one or bring a preexisting Monster that's already active (Cookie, Telly, Grover) to the forefront.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cookie and Grover are still very much active members of the show, and both still have their own segments. Cookie even has a new segment, replacing the Crumby Pictures series with Cookie as a spy working with sentient cookies.

It's the likes of Telly that are getting far less screen time.

As it stands, Murray was the only major one of Joey's characters. While he always performed quite a few bit parts, the show's giving less focus on bit characters and a more focused set of the most marketable. Besides, the block format has been toned down at least to the extent of no longer having the Murray hosting blocks (half hour format, you see). Murray seems like he would have been completely phased out, except for some reruns of Murray has a Little lamb used this season.