Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So he complains about how disproportionate Maynard is for having too small a head on too large a body, but he doesn't even review the clip with the little girl who looks like she's got the body of a male body builder?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They all look wrong, though...

ehhhh...

I hate to say that I think the Dinosaur guys who were futzing around with time and space to make more show look pretty good. Like almost as good as that Bat puppet from that Japanese video game tips video in another thread, just as criminally misused.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what? I've came to a strange conclusion as far as this show goes. You see, I was watching some Spitting Image recently, and I came to realize that the same sort of puppetry to make human-like caricatures of celebrities is what the designers were going for.

And failing at.

Much as a show like The Letter People or New Zoo Revue tries for the Sesame Street look but doesn't pull it off because of a lower budget, PP tries for a Spitting Image, rubber face look, right down to the realistic moving eyeballs. Only, you know...crap. SI has its own brand of uncanny valley for looking like political cartoons in live action where as PP has uncanny valley for just ugly crap puppets.

Don't see why they went with that look, still.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know what? I've came to a strange conclusion as far as this show goes. You see, I was watching some Spitting Image recently, and I came to realize that the same sort of puppetry to make human-like caricatures of celebrities is what the designers were going for.

And failing at.

Much as a show like The Letter People or New Zoo Revue tries for the Sesame Street look but doesn't pull it off because of a lower budget, PP tries for a Spitting Image, rubber face look, right down to the realistic moving eyeballs. Only, you know...crap. SI has its own brand of uncanny valley for looking like political cartoons in live action where as PP has uncanny valley for just ugly crap puppets.

Don't see why they went with that look, still.
I still don't think they had grotesque caricatures in mind when designing those ugly puppets. Are they supposed to represent politicians or something?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was referring to a similar technique of rubber puppets with big rubber hands and moving eyes. I doubt they're supposed to be caricatures, but rather just based off just generic drawings (which are probably also ugly as crap).

Still... as someone that made a YTP off of these things, I had to watch clips multiple times. I used the clip of Little Bit (what kind of name is that, anyway) talking to a children's clubhouse... full of long nosed elderly men looking puppets.

WereFox

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding rude, yeah...I could write it and send it to my butt. :stick_out_tongue:

I really can't find anyone who'd want me to collaborate with them, I've been trying for years to get the kind of equipment to even get a crappy flash cartoon on Youtube that I know no one's going to watch or even care about. You think I'd've wasted my time on fan arts and YTP's if I could do something better? The least I could do is throw another animation fan blog out there into the world, but I've put that off so long it wouldn't matter. That one's all on me, I admit. I really should have started sooner with that. There's stuff that was my fault I'd admit, but most of everything has been beyond my control. If you know anyone who'd love to get a script to film together for something, by all means help me.

I could make the joke about pulling a better such and such out of a private area, but truth is, I just don't have the means to.
Yeah, you could write your own show, I'd watch it! What would the title be?

mr3urious

Reaction score
What an amazingly awful find! I don't know if I should thank the uploader or call him an A-hole (get it?)! :big_grin:

I gotta admit, the alligator song sure beats the pants off the one about Ernie and the letter M, as the lyrics have some amount of thought put into them and the gator puppet is kinda cute-looking. The seatbelt song, on the other hand, is pretty creepy and morbid not because of the singer's voice, but we never hear of the animals' fate after their accidents. :eek: There's also the drum factory, which isn't as cool as seeing something like saxophones or

Hopefully the other volumes will get uploaded, including the M one. We must archive them all as a lesson for future on how not to rip off Sesame Street!

Last edited: