Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Palisades Series One Scooter was not facially accurate at all, and Beaker's ratios are actually proportional to the full body poser. While Palisades set the bar for such great quality, some of their designs are seen as canon when they're not. I love this fella's reviews, but I guess not every fan is a true fanatic:wink: And to be fair, there's what is right and what seems right. Sometimes it's best to find a medium between the two. A lot of collectors just know the figures that came before. Palisades actually invented much because source is scarce. In some cases, we reinvented things because Henson and Disney thought that way looked better. I worked on Usher Scooter and Super Beaker with them back in the day and I'm proud of that work with them.

As far as this review, I guess it's a good one. It's just a little irksome as a fanatic when a critic isn't quite accurate. :stick_out_tongue:
Well I guess it is how you photograph them. Palisades Scooter is taken so you cant see his hair, making his glasses look oversized. DST Scooter's head is slightly sideways so you cant notice how pointed his nose is. Look at my picture. When I physically hold the two in my hands, I prefer Palisades. DST Scooter's hands are too thin.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
UK collectors rejoice it looks like series 2 has finally made to forbidden planet stores( well the shop here in Glasgow had them). Sadly I didn't have my credit card with me so I couldn't buy them. It pained me to leave them in their collector shop prison but they looked really good.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually I'm kind of glad Diamond Select took a new direction for the figures I like the Closed Jacket Scooter & The Non-Bart Simpsons Hair Beaker more than the Palisades releases.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Actually I'm kind of glad Diamond Select took a new direction for the figures I like the Closed Jacket Scooter & The Non-Bart Simpsons Hair Beaker more than the Palisades releases.
These things can be interpreted a number of ways. I like the idea that in many ways where Palisades zigged, DST has zagged. Also, here's a little history of the commercial Muppets action figures available. We really should have had more interpretations over the years. Diamond Select kicks butt for getting this license and doing these!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I love that the Fisher Price is a very obvious season 1 Miss Piggy. Probably the best likeness of them all. :stick_out_tongue:

Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE my Palisades toys. They will always hold a really special place because Muppet figures were something I had wanted all my life, and these exceeded any expectations. Plus, I have a lot of great memories of hunting them down with my Mom (don't know how many times I made her drive me to Suncoast Video or Toys R Us to ask if they'd gotten the next set.)

That said, Diamond is knocking the likenesses out of the park.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well I guess it is how you photograph them. Palisades Scooter is taken so you cant see his hair, making his glasses look oversized. DST Scooter's head is slightly sideways so you cant notice how pointed his nose is. Look at my picture. When I physically hold the two in my hands, I prefer Palisades. DST Scooter's hands are too thin.
I'll give you the hands. Everything else you've said is technically not correct according to any legitimate, comprehensive source files for the puppet. :wink: I worked on the Palisades and we all felt the glasses for S1 Scooter were quite off. Same with the face shape.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
So when's wave four?

We don't know for sure yet but my predication is we will hear and see something next week or the week after as diamond like to reveal stuff before cons and NYCC is coming up. If not before we are bound to see wave 4 at NYCC which is at the start of October

muppetperson

Reaction score
These things can be interpreted a number of ways. I like the idea that in many ways where Palisades zigged, DST has zagged. Also, here's a little history of the commercial Muppets action figures available. We really should have had more interpretations over the years. Diamond Select kicks butt for getting this license and doing these!
Nice History Pictorial set up.:smile: