Rosita appreciation thread

La Monstrua

Reaction score
Rosita with wings

Does anyone have any pictures or footage of Rosita with wings? She is my favorite new muppet! Thank you.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I don't mind Rosita either. I don't think she ruined the show like some of the other charachters did. They also never overuse her which is great. I remember when she first debut on the show in November of 1991, I was happy to see a New Female Monster. Since Ruby was being phased out at the time. But at the time Rosita joined the show the show was still in its original "classic" format and I always enjoyed seeing her on there, and was happy they had a Spanish Speaking Monster. Now Maria and Luis had been on the show for 20 years at the time, and spoke Spanish and taught kids Spanish words. But I thought it was wonderful for them to have a Spanish Muppet that the kids could more easily identify with and learn from. Rosita has had some Golden Moments on the show, and I don't think we will ever see her join Roosevelt Franklin and Sherlock Hemlock in the old Sesame Storage.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Rosita is my favorite recent Muppet, too...with her talents and speech pattern, I imagine her as the monster equivalent of an older child (7 or 8 years, maybe?). Her wings were kept, though, for at least a season after she stopped flying; I remember an episode where Maria cheers her up by helping Rosita count other things her wings could do. (The list ends with Rosita herself discovering one last use: she hugs Maria as the closing theme plays.)

Rosita's fondness for hugs also won me over; I couldn't help saying AWWWW! when her familia appeared in the Spanish Word of the Day segment and began group-hugging. She also did a segment which taught the word abrazo ("hug") itself...hugging that over-excitable elephant, of all possible characters.

BEAR

Reaction score
you mean she actually used to fly??

MuppetDude

Reaction score
In one episode, she tried to learn to fly, but couldn't. (In the same episode, one of her relatives ended up flying and falling on Prairie Dawn.) It was an episode from the nineties.

Hays

Reaction score
I think the Rosita on Sesame Street Live still has wings - my son commented on it a couple years back

ISNorden

Reaction score
Apparently yes: although I never saw Rosita flying myself, some old-school fans swear she flew in her earliest episodes. (One even mentioned petitioning CTW to let Rosita fly again...*LOL*)