Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Schfifty

Reaction score
I noticed that, too. I wonder if Caroll was sick or had a cold or something, because Big Bird does indeed sound different from usual. Like a little bit nasal.

As for the episode, I'm surprised how he didn't react so strongly to Radar disappearing. I thought he'd start panicking, like young kids often do when a beloved object of theirs suddenly goes missing.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oddly enough, that's pretty much what Caroll's Big Bird has been sounding like these last number of years. :frown:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason, Big Bird and Oscar always sound weird whenever Caroll pre records the voices. I know David Rudman has said it's hard for him to do his characters' voices if he doesn't have the puppet in his hand. So maybe that's what's going on, doing the voices aren't natural to the performer unless they're puppeteering as well?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Could be, I don't know. I remember listening to an interview with him about ten years ago, trying to do Baby Bear's voice at one point, and it was really off - like how Baby Bear sounded in the beginning (slightly gruffer), but if he was in pain or something.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually, it seems like the performance of Big Bird seems kind of off, I wonder if Matt Vogel perform him or it was someone like Noel McNeal or Rick Lyon?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Probably just one of those situations where I think someone else is doing the puppeteering, like I thought Kevin did Grover in Monster In The Mirror.

Censored

Reaction score
Big Bird's voice sounds really off in this episode:

Clearly, for some reason, they had to dub over all of Big Bird's lines, which makes his dialogue sound louder than everyone else and less natural.
Big Bird's voice aside, poor Maria and her work getting interrupted seemed to be an ongoing theme. It brought this other episode to mind:

Which one did you think was funnier/better?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

The most dated Sesame Street animation ever. It's...it's just right after this bit about a baker decorating a cake.

If there's anything that would automatically be laughed off the show for being dated, it's that painfully early computer animation. If you can even call it that. Looks like something you could make in Mario paint.