Commercial rant time...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw that commercial a few minutes ago. Domino's commercials, just in general, are pretty awful anyway - they're always so full of self-pity.
I mentioned that a page back or so. This wasn't anything close to an attempt at being funny. Besides, if you have a family member that eats nothing but salads, you learn to keep lettuce on hand. Or should.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This ad might be slightly technically better than the other two, but
doesn't have that so-bad-you- can't-ignore cheesy mung to it.
Yeah, that's true, it's more like a bad Youtube video for kids than anything else, not like so bad you can't believe how lazy it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, for me it's like, what's the point? The cheap cartoons and lame dialogue is patronizing to older viewers who do indeed need medical assistance. If you trim the pointless "animated" sequences out, you still have one of the bland, informative, inoffensive commercials that usually run during the day on retro-Tv stations. I don't think making it look slightly better visually was what the problem with the advertisement.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
yeah they are, i really despise the part of the commercial, where two of someone's guest, have this look on their faces, just because they are only serving pizza that they ordered, and not salad. personally, i prefer papa john's , pizza hut, and local pizza places, over domino's pizza any day.
To me, pizza chains are passable. (Not Little Caesar's). But short of going to Italy, the mom and pop places will give you a more authentic taste. Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc. is edible. But if people think that's the absolute best, you're settling for a corporate illusion of what's really out there.
It's like people who like Mexican food and think Taco Bell is the real deal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also exactly what I said earlier. And you know what? Mom and Pop places have salads on their menu. These chains basically act like any other sort of food that goes with pizza is somehow the most mystical thing ever invented and it's astounding that they somehow have them. Though I do remember a couple Pizza Huts I went to with actual open restaurants that had salad bars in them. Not really common, though.

As for Taco Bell, I doubt anyone actually thinks any of that stuff is close to Mexican, but rather uses it as an alternative to the burger-centric mainstream fast food places. I know a couple guys who refuse to eat any fast food, but like Taco Bell. One's actually an experienced, employed cook.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ehhhh... Wanna know what's far more disturbing than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces eating each other?

A mascot that joyfully impales itself.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
Legends of Chamberlain Heights looks and sounds terrible, Comedy Central. Please stop airing the same commercial for it in every Hulu commercial break

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd beg to differ.

Chamberlain Heights doesn't look and sound terrible...

...it's terrible on every sense of being. :wink:

But still better than Mr. Pickles.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
This new Dominos product roll out of salads rubs me the wrong way.

It's supposed to be funny and ironic, but it really just comes out as a hamfisted stereotype of salad eaters with someone yelling in their ears about how wrong they are. Sort of like....

What really bugs me is you can only expect this sort of thing at a chain Pizza take away. Every Mom and Pop I've ever been to has salads on the menu right up there with the pizza (though the Family Guy cutscene about how oddly they make them and then put them right on top of the pizza so the salad would be hot is fairly accurate). I'm sure there are places where there aren't like 5 competing local pizza places in a 2 block radius (totally have that situation here) and the chains are the only thing around. When you do, however, the last place you want to go is a chain.
this is the one that i just talked about, i so want to smack that women, for forcing her kids and husband to eat salad, just because she wants one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see the concencus about recent Cheetos commercials is that Chester Cheetah has pretty much become a douchebag, and I have to agree.