Sesame Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! So here we go with another round of questions I have concerning characters from our beloved street in New York City.
1 In the Journey to Ernie where Ernie hides in the jungle, what kind of animal is Bernie? Should this guy be counted as a credited SS character?
2 In the episode where Baby Bear, Elmo and Zoe form the SS Readers' Club, Slimey appears with a fellow worm friend named Squiggles. Please describe what Squiggles looks like including its coloring pattern. Also, who does Squiggles belong to, or is this just a worm friend of Slimey's?
3 What are the names of the worms and/or grouches who competed in the Worm Olympic Games?
4 In the Global Grover segment where Grover wants to take a bath, should Stevie the Elephant be counted as a credited SS character?

Please reply ASAP to the best of your knowledge so as to accordingly update my master listing. Thanks for your help with these questions and have a good day.

dcfboss

Reaction score
i only got answers to 2 of ur questions ...

1 - no the bernie guy shouldn't be a credited character, i mean, if he's only on the show once, you can't really consider him to be a character

4 - yes stevie the elephant should be a credited character, he also appeared in last season's episode where elmo took Gina to the movies among other ones, so i think he should definitley be a credited character ... besides grover looked so funny in that skit lol

CookieFan

Reaction score
How many full sized elephant characters are there? I didn't even know they had names!

I know there's the one with the British accent that chases the monsters in Monster Clubhouse, and then there's that other one with the ANNOYING voice that occasionally wears a tu-tu.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for elephant SS characters...
There's Fluffy, Oscar's pet elephant.
Mr. On-Top-Of, who appears in the song "Mr. Between" and is believed to be the elephant that chases the monsters in Monster Clubhouse.
There's Stevie the Elephant who I thought only appeared in Season 34, but now there's evidence that he was voiced by Joey Massarino in Season 33 where Elmo and Gina go to the movies on her day off.
There's also the rest of Oscar's elephants who appeared in the SS video called Learning Your Letters.
And there's another character who I think was in an episode from Season 30 sponsored by the letter E called El Elefante in a sort of Spanish folk tale styled episode.

As for the one-timers...
They should be credited characters included in the listing. After all, we want this listing to be thouroughly complete don't we? And if I eliminated that character just because it was a one-timer, I'd have to eliminate all the other characters that were one-timers like Moe Cocker or MAMMA and Rock Hockey Hannah, just to name a few.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
There was another elephant in an appearance from Season 25, where Mother Chicken was doing a rhyme with a pig, penguin, elephant, hot dog, and bun. The rhyme was called "Say, Duba Duba," and it went like this:

Say, duba duba
The pig played the tuba
The penguin jumped to the sun
The elephant was happy
He laughed so hard
And the hot dog ran away with the bun.

It took them the whole show to get them the perfect rhyme. But this elephant was performed by Joey Mazzarino, and I think a lot of them were. It was usually either him or David Rudman.

ssetta

Reaction score
Oops! I almost forgot!

Oh, and don't forget the Elephant Elevator Operator, performed by Dave Goelz.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and there's also the Elephant/Frog Prince from Season 34. Now then, if anyone would be so kind as to answer the rest of my questions, please do so.
1 What animal is Bernie in the Journey to Ernie segment where Ernie hides in the jungle?
2 Please describe the appearance of Squiggles the Worm or what this character looks like.
3 Who does Squiggles the Worm belong to?
4 Is this worm just a friend of Slimey's or does it have any familial relationship to Slimey?
5 What are the names of the worms and their grouch owners who participated in the Worm Olympic Games?
Thanks for the help and have a good night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
There's one more Elephant. What about Homer the Elephant from the song I lost my pet elephant. Oh Berine is a Tiger. A striped Tiger. I think he's a friend of Slimey. Thats about all I know. Your Welcome Count. one more thing, THATS EIGHT ELEPHANTS!!! Ha ha ha ha ha. *Lighting striks as Thunder rours*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and velcome to Round 2! OK, here's what got settled from last time.
A. Bernie the Tiger from JTE's jungle hideaway from Season 34 will get counted.
B. Stevie the Elephant from Gina's Day Off and Global Grover from Seasons 33 and 34 respectively will be counted.
C. Still holding out for help with the names of the worms and their grouch owners from the Worm Olympic Games.

Now on to this round's questions!
1 In the episode where Super Grover gets a new cape, what's the name of his human cannonball friend? The guy who lends Super Grover the cannon to help him fly?
2 In the same episode, was Margaret the name of the chicken that Super Grover brought in to help him fly?
3 Again, what are the names of the worms and their grouch owners from the Worm Olympic Games?
Please ASAP to the best of your collective knowledges cause I want to update my listings! Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.

Erine81981

Reaction score
If you mean the Summer ones I have 3 Of the worms names but none of the Grouches. I rented the video and only got 3 of the worms name and which country there from. I have the way they look and the 4th one I have which country and what she looks like but no name. Ok Here you go.

1) Spaghettini - Itly (Looks like Slimey but Darker Orange w/ darker strips

2) Squiggley - Kenya Aqua Blue w/darker strips

3) Lo Mein - China Fuschia w/ magente strips

4) Red w/ darker strips From France

Hope that helps. Sorry they didn't give the Grouches names or I would of wrote them down too. There you go. If anymore questions I'll try my best to help you out Count. :smile: