Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, there's a serious pumpkin shortage this year (at least in our region, not sure about the rest of the country) because of the drought and the prolonged summer we've had stunting the growth of pumpkins and making them more susceptable to disease. A lot of the pumpkins I've seen in stores so far this season do look pitiful.

Every year, my mom always wants me to paint a pumpkin for her (rather than carve one), and this year, she got an extra large pumpkin (that thing must have weight a ton) because she wanted me to paint Radagast and his Rhosgobel Rabbits on the whole thing.

Harleena

Reaction score
Ayyyyyy! Halloween! What is everyone gonna be? I'm gonna be either Harley Quinn or Ladybug!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still say Ladybug looks like Violet from THE INCREDIBLES, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Radagost? *Searches Wiki... Ah, it's Father Easter! Another guy trying to take over a holiday that's not his own. *Skeletal grin. :batty:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There are two things i'm looking to this October: the cool weather and watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" with my little brother.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the subject of costumes, come to think of it...
Bugs Bunny. They make costumes for kids and adults, but on a lot of them, your face is exposed, but Bugs' smiling face is sitting on top of your head. It looks like your ugly mug is sticking out of Bugs' throat!
That defeats the whole purpose of the costume. If you were cosplaying like that, they'd laugh you out of the convention.
Listen. I get the point that little kids need safe costumes, and therefore we were bound to see the hat mask thing that . But if you're over 5, maybe 6 years old, there's no reason for that. I mean, I hate the heck out of mass market costumes and all their suckitude from sexulaized cartoon characters that shouldn't be sexualized (if anyone remembers the movie Mean Girls, Halloween is an excuse for hot women who wouldn't normally dress like hussies to do so) to just...ugly, saggy, baggy, cheap looking 50 dollar sets that look like they were made for a buck fifty. Just... Masks are one thing. Large rubber masks of characters I get and I like. But the suits they have are less convincing than the old costume kits that have characters wearing their faces on their clothes ("Just like Bubs all the time wears! Picture of his self on his self."). Adult costumes shouldn't look like what a 5 year old wears for safety reasons. Especially for the price.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I have the specials on DVD, it's still disheartening to see how ABC is really shafting the Peanuts holiday specials anymore. It was nice they acknowledged the 50th anniversary of A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS last year and even had a retrospective special for it, but other than that, it's like ABC only airs each special once every year, whereas they used to air them multiple times each month.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Even though I have the specials on DVD, it's still disheartening to see how ABC is really shafting the Peanuts holiday specials anymore. It was nice they acknowledged the 50th anniversary of A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS last year and even had a retrospective special for it, but other than that, it's like ABC only airs each special once every year, whereas they used to air them multiple times each month.
Well it looks like ABC is airing the special twice, on the 20th and the 29th and it's also airing on Freeform(ABC Family). Frankly I don't see why they can't air it more often throughout the month, it's not like they show new things everyday, so they should have room on their schedule. But hey, at least they're still showing it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You think that's bad? Freeform is shoving the two Hunger Games films they have into this year's 13 Nights of Halloween, effectively bumping out the two Batman movies. And I fear this'll keep happening next year and the year after, their 20th anniversary, when they get their hands on both Mocking Jay movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh... Freeform is for teenagers too old for Disney's tweencoms. Yeah, sure, they'll shove a Disney movie or two on the weekends, but if their lame melodramas are any indication, of course they're going to milk the Hunger Games. I mean, they do air the crappy TV show based on the crappy Mortal Instruments books that flopped at the box office for being uninspired, derivative crap even the most hormonal teenagers avoided.

I'm guessing that they assume everyone's got the DVD copies of all the Peanuts specials by now anyway. They're probably easy enough to find online and , best of all, weren't edited to heck and back to fit the same commercials you've seen a hundred times by now. Personally, I miss the specials that don't air . I'm lucky to have the Garfield Holiday DVD and see that classic.