A little Fanart

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I realise that, once again, I haven't been on this site for a long time so here's just an update post.

I'm currently on my 3rd year of my Fine Art BA Honours so I haven't really found the time to create art besides the stuff I need to do for college.

It is also because of my degree that I've giving my social media a bit of a re-haul since we required to look at ways to promote ourselves on the internet as artists. That reason (and also because I have no interest in it anymore) is why I'm deleting my deviantart. It's still up at the time I made this post because I want to save some old art before it's gone forever. However, it will mean most past artwork including commissions and requests won't appear on this thread.

So if you want to see my work, don't fret! I have an art tumblr and I will likely create a Google doc with my old art, including requests and commissions.

Also, I just realised that there are a few Muppet fanart I've made during my absence that's not here so I'll get to posting that soon (with descriptions, of course).

Hope you are all doing well! :smile: (Man I missed these Muppet emojis!)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I realise that, once again, I haven't been on this site for a long time so here's just an update post.

I'm currently on my 3rd year of my Fine Art BA Honours so I haven't really found the time to create art besides the stuff I need to do for college.

It is also because of my degree that I've giving my social media a bit of a re-haul since we required to look at ways to promote ourselves on the internet as artists. That reason (and also because I have no interest in it anymore) is why I'm deleting my deviantart. It's still up at the time I made this post because I want to save some old art before it's gone forever. However, it will mean most past artwork including commissions and requests won't appear on this thread.

So if you want to see my work, don't fret! I have an art tumblr and I will likely create a Google doc with my old art, including requests and commissions.

Also, I just realised that there are a few Muppet fanart I've made during my absence that's not here so I'll get to posting that soon (with descriptions, of course).

Hope you are all doing well! :smile: (Man I missed these Muppet emojis!)
Shame that you are deleting your DeviantArt account. :frown:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

A little while ago, I heard there was a cancelled toyline for the Muppets called 'Muppet High'. It was supposed to be a follow up to Muppet Babies and would be a high school based franchise with the Muppets attending high school in the 1950s. Pretty cool idea, although I did'nt agree with some of the creative choices, such as Kermit being a Greaser and Animal being able to play the guitar (didn’t Dr. Teeth tell you that he either hits or eats and that’s it?).

Anyway, that lead me and a few friends to create a Muppet High AU of our own, with lots of headcanons and art to go with it! You can see more of it here.

To explain the art above, in our version Miss Piggy is the Greaser with her own gang of interesting members The Swine Divines (and this isn't even all of them).

Description:

Four images.

1st: Miss Piggy as a Greaser Girl and Leader of the Swine Divines. She’s smiling with her hands on her hips, oh so cool. Her hair is in a messy but stylish up-do with a red and white dotted hair band. She has her pearls around her neck, an open black leather jacket, a white shirt with red belt and blue trousers.

2nd: Rowlf as a popular football jock. He leans on a counter casually. His hair and ears are fluffed up, making him look younger. He also sports a leather jacket, along with the yellow school jumper, which has a red collar and red letters ‘MH’ on the front.

3rd: Janice as a bright and bubbly Cheerleader. Her hair is in a high pony-tail with a red headband with the front poofed up. Her leather jacket is huge and over-sized for her, yet she wears it proudly over her cheerleader outfit, the school jumper and a blue plait skirt.

4th: Skeerter, the local delinquent and second in command in Piggy’s gang. She tweaks the collar of her jacket (a zipped up one with big collar and a belt) while peering to the side and chewing a tooth pick between her teeth. Her orange dreads and also raised up and in a ponytail, with a blue and white dotted headband around her forehead.

Please do not repost anywhere without permission thank you.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

So a while back, I made this artwork as a RenewTheMuppets art and, on the day it was announced that The Muppets was cancelled no less, I decided to finally colour it.

Of course, I was more that upset at the news but I decided to recolour it slightly with a little bit of a positive look. And Hey! Since then, we've had an actual live concert from the Electric Mayhem AND a performance in Disneyland about American History!

Zoot’s shirt reference.

Description: Floyd, Janice and Zoot and grouped around each other and smiling, like they are taking a group photo. Floyd is on the left, giving a thumbs up with his arm behind Janice and Zoot. He is wearing a red Beatles t-shirt, blue jeans and a green cap. Janice is in the middle, standing the tallest and smiling the brightest with her arms around both guys. She is wearing a yellow shirt with a heart on it and a denim skirt. Zoot is on the right, giving a peace sign. He’s a little hunched because his other hand is reached out behind Floyd to give him bunny ears. He is wearing a turquoise shirt with the word, ‘Saxophone’ stylized to look like a Saxophone on it, his dark red trilby hat and skinny grey jeans. The words, ‘WE’LL BE RIGHT BACK!’ arches over them.

Please do not repost anywhere without permission thank you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat images mayhem. The one of the band, especially because of the message they have reminds me of the short Claymation "We'll be right back" inserts that used to air as part of ABC's Saturday morning animated offerings.

Heh, another bit of proof backing Piggy casted as Betty Rizzo, leader of her own group of Pink Ladies. And with Skeeter as her second in command, they rule the school upon the start of the first day back to class. I'm intrigued on the rest of your Muppet High concepts, feel free to post 'em. :jim:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Neat images mayhem. The one of the band, especially because of the message they have reminds me of the short Claymation "We'll be right back" inserts that used to air as part of ABC's Saturday morning animated offerings.

Heh, another bit of proof backing Piggy casted as Betty Rizzo, leader of her own group of Pink Ladies. And with Skeeter as her second in command, they rule the school upon the start of the first day back to class. I'm intrigued on the rest of your Muppet High concepts, feel free to post 'em. :jim:
Thank you! I kinda had that little 'After these messages, we'll be right back!' tune in my head while drawing that. XD

I have a few artworks and a fic of my own showcasing the Muppet High AU which eventually I will post here but I could post other headcanons in a separate thread? I mean, I'm not sure where I would put it seeing as it's not technically a fanfiction but what do you think?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I know there are threads for head-cannon theories like the Muppet Shipping or OTP (whatever that means) threads. Or you could post it as additional author's notes in the eventual fic thread, keeping it all in one place. BTW: Is that Muppet High fic posted at fanfiction.net? If so, under what title? :search:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Well, I know there are threads for head-cannon theories like the Muppet Shipping or OTP (whatever that means) threads. Or you could post it as additional author's notes in the eventual fic thread, keeping it all in one place. BTW: Is that Muppet High fic posted at fanfiction.net? If so, under what title? :search:
I literally just posted it here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/alittlemayhems-muppet-drabbles.52325/page-3#post-1173506

By the way, OTP stands for One True Pairing. :smile:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I'm sorry (not for being absent, that just happens all the time now) for the art that for some reason isn't showing up properly here. I'll try to fix it but first, I want to post a couple of Muppet Arts I did recently. I'll also include descriptions (for Count of course) and links to the originals in case the images don't show here.

First one:

Date Night!

Description: On a starry, moonlit night, Zoot and Janice sit on a bench and look into each others' eyes lovingly. They are sitting casually, with Janice crossing her legs and Zoot sitting kind of hunched over but his hand affectionately touches Janice's ankle. Zoot his wearing a dark blue suit,, orange shirt and red and black hat. Janice is wearing a short navy evening dress with a silver necklace and red platform shoes and her hair is tied in a braid.