Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on Oprah

dcfboss

Reaction score
that is the luckiest woman alive right now ... what i wouldn't give to just see Cookie Monster up close .. i'm surprised she didn't give her cookies to him lol

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Curious, though. Was that Eric or Frank doing Cookie and Grover?

Also, was it Caroll or Matt? I thought it was Matt, in which case, his Big Bird sounds SO much better than it does on Journey to Ernie. [/B]
I thought it was David Rudman who did Cookie Monster when it wasn't Frank. I really think Frank is too busy directing to do other television appearances which is why he didn't perform Miss Piggy on "Hollywood Squares." I haven't watched my tape yet. I'll have to listen for Matt as Big Bird. I've glanced at JTE a few times and that Big Bird sounds more like the 1969 hilbilly Big Bird. I'd like to see how well that improved.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Matt played Big Bird for this appearance. Eric played Grover and David performed Cookie Monster.

Daffyfan. In the second series of JTE, Matt's Big Bird is much closer to Caroll's. And you'll find in Matt's Street appearances, he's even closer again, especially with the Bird's singing voice.

secret squirrel

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't think Matt played Big Bird in the street appearances, just JTE. The last one I saw was the one with Ernie and the tape recorder. (Afterwards they showed a sketch with Ernie and Grover singing a song about opposites. Was that Eric or Frank playing Grover there? If it was Eric, it was really good. It sounded like Frank) Anyway, Big Bird's voice was a little bit off there. I don't know if that was from the second series, maybe it was recycled from last season.

Anyway, I heard the voices on Oprah and I really can't complain. (Well, other than the fact that the sound was messed up because the tape didn't come out right.) The only thing I want to mention was that Grover's voice seemed a little too soft. I thought Eric did a better Grover before. Anyway, I really enjoyed that segment.

Stulz

Reaction score
Oprah rerun?

I taped the 1am Oprah airing but no SS. Just home re-decorating. Anyone know when they will re-air this episode?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Opwah, what kind of twee awe you?"
"Well, girlfriend. I'm a weepin' willow."

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
On the subject of Matt/Caroll doing Big Bird, did anyone else notice there was no mention of that in Caroll's new book?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
(Afterwards they showed a sketch with Ernie and Grover singing a song about opposites. Was that Eric or Frank playing Grover there? If it was Eric, it was really good. It sounded like Frank)
Frank did Grover in that sketch.