Favorite Fran Brill Character

Censored

Reaction score
Hopefully, Little Bird will get the recognition he deserves soon! Meanwhile, since the choices here are only two, I voted for Prairie Dawn. (We can't always expect 3rd parties to be included anyway). :smile:

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Since i only saw a couple episodes of sesame street (sad i cant watch it anywhere) I cant vote for this one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if Little Bird were part of the equation, I'm still going with Prairie. I'd say it's a case of quite the opposite here. They not only got the character, but they let her evolve from just being a caricature of a precocious little girl to the sane girl in a world of madness. Something they did at least since the 80's. I love anytime they put her and Cookie Monster together. When it comes to Muppets on the show, you always want to get the two characters that can get a rise out of each other for the sake of comedy.

And let's not forget the pageants. She has a very signature skit here, and these things are always great on every level. The manage to take a dry message, wrap it up in what an adult thinks of those pointless plays they put on in Kindergarten, and add a great selection of characters trying hard not to blow the whole thing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Alright, since i'm the one who started this thread, I might as well say who my favorite is. Firstly, I just wanna say, Fran Brill is an incredible performer. She's so versatile and you just completely forget that Zoe and Prairie are played by the same person. I absolutely adore Zoe, but i'm definitely going with Prairie here.
Prairie Dawn is not only my favorite Fran Brill character, she's one of my favorite characters of all time! As Drtooth said, when you get two characters together who can really annoy each other, that's the making of great comedy. Sure Ernie and Bert are a fantastic duo, but Prairie and Cookie are probably one of the most underrated comedy duos ever. That's truly what makes Prairie jell so well with the show, the whole show can drive her crazy because of the shear illogical-ness of it all, but much of the time she's still playful and able to be silly with them. Not only that but, she often just enjoys being quiet and reading. I relate to her so much because I was always an introvert who seemed to enjoy reading far more than my peers, I was quiet and shy and always felt slightly more mature then a lot of kids. I didn't feel superior to them at all, it's just the way I was.

But another thing I enjoy is that she's a girl but she doesn't want to be a ballerina or a princess, she wants to be a director and a writer and a composer and she truly knows how to take charge. And no one ever gets annoyed or calls her bossy, they just listen to her because they know she knows what she's doing.

That's why I love Prairie Dawn, because she's such a well rounded character and because, but in some ways she's like me. And i'm sure she relates to a lot of kids who feel like they don't fit in with the crowd. But once again, I still love Zoe to pieces, she's one of the more multi dimensional female characters on the show and she holds a special nostalgic place in my heart, I really wish they'd use her on the show more. And Fran Brill is great at doing two characters who couldn't be more different from each other.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree with you I think both Praire and Zoe are way more rounded then Abby.

Censored

Reaction score
I see the polls have been removed? Are polls against the rules now?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Gee, wow. For me, it'd obviously have to be either Prairie Dawn or Zoe. They are two of my favorite characters on the show, and they both have such unique personalities it's kind of hard to choose one over the other. I really like Zoe for her cute appearance and charming personality, and also since she's a monster. However, she occasionally has moments that are a little grating - like her signature laugh, which can kind of sound annoying after some time. Not that I find anything wrong with that, but she's psychologically w a 3-year-old, and that doesn't necessarily connect with me.

Prairie on the other hand is more of a perfectionist-in-charge type person, which is pretty similar to how I am as a person. And I agree with Pig's Laundry - she and Cookie Monster are a pretty underrated comedy duo. It seems Fran and Frank Oz did work a lot together inside and outside the Muppets, so having the two sketched together frequently was a nice fit. I also remember Sonia Manzano once said Prairie's character was much like Fran's.

So for me, it mainly just comes to Prairie Dawn and Zoe as my favorite. It's kind of hard for me to decide which is my absolute favorite over the other, but based on personal taste, I'll give the edge to Prairie.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
For me it's Prairie Dawn. I guess I'm not so much of a Zoe person, but I like that Prairie's coming back for the new season. Maybe at some point we'll see a new Cookie and Prairie sketch. I love those!