The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Luke kun

Reaction score
IIRC, I think Tom Kenny actually voices the main character in it, based from what I saw on the DVD cover.
Oh cool, they're ripping off SpongeBob? And did I just see Tim Curry on the DVD cover? By any chance, does Steven Blum have a role in this film? As we could have 3 sexy voices - Steven Blum, Tim Curry, and Tom Kenny (only when he does voices like the PPG narrator) - in it.
I did have a Miss Piggy that I brought to my first day at Kindergarten. That's another story.
I... need to hear this
Illegal. So illegal. Why don't these people get sued?
Does Video Briquendo even exist anymore? If so, one of you guys are gonna have to sue them tonight
so just saw this trailer listed on all the main movie site trailer pages...i think most of us could do better cgi in an hour.
even me who knows nothing about cgi?
It's available on Amazon as "The Guardian of the Highlands." Check out the single review it got. 5 stars. The reviewer, Gavin, can't get enough of it. In fact, if you check out his other reviews you'll see that he can't stop plugging it, even while reviewing electronics equipment or, heaven help us, a horse's head mask.
I've seen Gavin before, and I like how you commented on his review
Yeah. I wonder why they didn't just take their Super Hero costumes from that Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode...eh, they have something else in mind.
Because they don't care about the Quickster anymore?
They replaced a certain word in "New York, New York" with "heck" even though the first one had a HUGE sight gag based on said word.
I know exactly what you mean (I've seen the first one before) and even then I wonder how they managed to get past the censors.
I do like that the article lists the one time Disney actually sued. Unfortunately it's because a movie's American title had the word "Frozen" in it...
Yeah, and they don't sue whoever made those creepy web games.
You couldn't punt a football without hitting Tigger somewhere, and you couldn't so much as find Mickey Mouse at a Disney Store! WOW!
My older sister can relate, in addition to the football stuff, she had a Tigger doll that she thought was possessed as it SHOWED UP one night on the foot of her bed, even though she had put it away in her toy bin earlier.

Anyone think Drtooth is the straight man around here?

Drtooth

Reaction score

If the first pass didn't take.

Seriously. This looks like a labor of love from Del Toro, where as Trolls looks like a not worst case scenario for a movie made to sell toys. It's obvious that DW wants Trolls to be a big brand, since the toys hit stores over a month and a half before the film's release. Something they haven't done for quite some time. Something they certainly didn't do for Peabody and Sherman (which only got some coloring books and a Happy Meal) or even The Croods which had a toy line, you just had to go hunting at TRU for it. Trolls is pretty much subject to hype backlash. I mean, sure, this could be another Turbo situation for me, and the film's alright, but the trailers are full of those moments that studio heads swear kids like.

Seriously. A character shouts "YOLO." Even ironically and out of context, that phrase was dead by the time they started writing this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, how is it that the new Ice Age sequel is already out on DVD, but FINDING DORY isn't, even though FINDING DORY came out in theaters before Ice Age?

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, how is it that the new Ice Age sequel is already out on DVD, but FINDING DORY isn't, even though FINDING DORY came out in theaters before Ice Age?
Maybe because Ice Age did a lot poorer, much like how Elmo in Grouchland was rushed to video?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but even when Disney has a hit on their hands, it's like 3 or 4 months after the movie hits theaters when those hit DVD. I was shocked at how soon Zootopia got its release, and it was one of their most successful movies. I'm sure Disney's trying to hold Dory off for a release closer to gift giving season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, once again, with these new TROLLS trailers, they have to make it a special point to mention the movie's soundtrack.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm too busy being annoyed at the "OH Snap!" and "YOLO!!!" to actually pay attention. I'm usually annoyed to death by the end of the commercial.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
Honestly, the whole thing reminds me of Strange Magic, just not as nice to look at. You've got a generic sounding plot seemingly built mostly around preexisting songs, most of which don't sound too bad. Nice animation, but nothing to write home about. And a cast that makes you think "I didn't realize they were still acting"