New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps like Part 1 could be the origins of SST, leading up to its first season; Part 2 could be the show finding its footing and reaching out to disadvantaged children throughout the 70s; Part 3 could be the show's rising success throughout the 80s; Part 4 could be all of the shake-ups and the different turns it started to take in the 90s; Part 5 could be how it continues to try to maintain its relevance in a world filled with alternative educational shows up till today.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know what I would like even better then a documentary?: A mini series - there's just so much to cover about Sesame Street's history, it would probably be better if it was maybe a two or three part mini series. That way they could cover more of what was in the book.
I believe I've talked about that idea on the forum before. What I'd really like is a Toonheads-style documentary series on Sesame Street, with each episode focusing on a different thing (people who worked on the show, characters, eras, recurring segments).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
You know what I would like even better then a documentary?: A mini series - there's just so much to cover about Sesame Street's history, it would probably be better if it was maybe a two or three part mini series. That way they could cover more of what was in the book.
That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps like Part 1 could be the origins of SST, leading up to its first season; Part 2 could be the show finding its footing and reaching out to disadvantaged children throughout the 70s; Part 3 could be the show's rising success throughout the 80s; Part 4 could be all of the shake-ups and the different turns it started to take in the 90s; Part 5 could be how it continues to try to maintain its relevance in a world filled with alternative educational shows up till today.
I believe I've talked about that idea on the forum before. What I'd really like is a Toonheads-style documentary series on Sesame Street, with each episode focusing on a different thing (people who worked on the show, characters, eras, recurring segments).
Me likey!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, is this going to be another one of those deals like Being Elmo and I Am Big Bird where this will only receive a limited release? I mean, I'm sure I'll get to see it eventually, but it'd be kind of nice if something like this could have a wider release in cities that aren't New York and L.A.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, is this going to be another one of those deals like Being Elmo and I Am Big Bird where this will only receive a limited release? I mean, I'm sure I'll get to see it eventually, but it'd be kind of nice if something like this could have a wider release in cities that aren't New York and L.A.
We don't yet know the nature of this project. Could be a mini series, could be a made for TV thing, or it could be a limited theater release like IABB and BE, we don't know yet.

capman

Reaction score
I am shocked that I am the only one to take advantage of the PREMIERE party special where a lot of the sesame folks might be. It started at $1500,then went to $500 and for this Black Friday weekend deal, it is $150! U get the party and the stuff underneath. I asked them via twitter where the part will be held and they said most probably NY.

Seriously,gang, grab this now!

$150

USD

+ Shipping
COME TO THE PREMIERE

TWO tickets to the premiere of the film and meet the Muppets after party! Travel to/from premiere city and event location, hotel and any other expenses incurred with attending the event are NOT included.
Items included:
  • Social Media Thank You
  • SG Insider - Exclusive Updates
  • Premiere Tickets

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/street-gang-a-documentary-on-sesame-street-education/x/15402257#/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some people don't have the luxury to be able to travel to NYC. :smirk:

capman

Reaction score
Some people don't have the luxury to be able to travel to NYC. :smirk:
Oh i hear ya, because if it goes to CA, I wont be going either ( UNLESS They say Frank OZ is going, then maybe I need to hop a plane!)