It's been Fun, but I REALLY must be going....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure you know that for a while I've been trying to deal with a lot of stuff, and frankly it's been overwhelming. I'd say recent events pushed me over the edge and got me to have a hard, long look at things, and I'd say, the best option for me is to leave certain things behind and deal full on with everything. That means I'm officially retiring from this web forum and at least taking an extended break from my art page. I need a complete break from the internet entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun on here for the past 14 years. But maybe 14 years is just enough. And I've been with you through the massive format changes of Sesame Street, the rise and fall and another rise of a Muppet Show action figure line, a good TV movie, a crappy TV movie, and 2 good theatrical movies and a TV show that should have done better. I was with you when a Fraggle Rock movie was announced, sat forever in development purgatory under an incompetent production company, and was bought up by another company with no intent on making it. I've seen Muppet performers go and new ones come in right with you guys. It's more than enough time for me to move onto the next chapter of my life, and I'm sad to say that this isn't going to be a part of it. Maybe in a couple years, I'll come visit with you and talk about a couple of the new Muppet Babies episode. There's always something Muppet related happening, and I want you to all enjoy it knowing that I'm probably going to, just without commenting on it or following a story from the internet rumblings to the finished project.

Now the sad part. Like I said, dealing with stuff. It's hard. I have a severe depression I've been hiding for sometime, none too well I might add. Something over the summer happened to me that shook my faith in everything, and I was pretty much down a path where I needed time to digest things for a while and I kinda let it fester instead. Suffice to say, my faith in humanity is all but obliterated recently, and that's going to take a lot of work on my part to regain that. I've been regretting so much for the past couple years and I really should have found a good way to vent instead of letting it build up. I have to move on with my life and slowly get my sh** together. It's for the best, being stuck in the same place for the past few years wasn't healthy. I don't want to say I outgrew things I should be too old to like but suffice to say I'm much less enthused about the next episode of Mighty Magiswords than I was Yesterday. Life is both too long and too short. If things don't happen too fast that you let them slip by they move at a snail's pace until one day it hits you like a ton of bricks.

In closing, instead of outright saying goodbye, I'm going to go out on some of my favorite closing lines. I'd rather lose this chapter by giving you a nice laugh or smile.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

I have always liked... "Cowabunga!"... I made a funny!

Eh The-th-the-the-the-the-uh That's All Folks.

Sorry. We're closed.

The Second Button is the key button. It literally makes or breaks the shirt.

Bang

I'll Get you Next time, Gadget, next time!

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy, I'm a long long way from home

Oh, never mind! We've made a new discovery. We think we can chip him out too!

And the most obvious one is in the real goodbye, my signature. I'll let Baby Animal say it best:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know how you feel Drtooth, knowing Drumph is our first dictator makes me want to cease to exist as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Take as much time as you need to recover from your real life problems. You'll definitely need it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So long friend. I hope things get better in your life. I've been praying for you for a while. It's been an honor to be able to get to know you, this place won't be the same without you.

Meanwhile, I think i'll be taking a break for a while as well.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Sorry to see you're leaving, you seem to be one of the coolest guys on here. I hope that you'll be able to recover from your real life problems soon.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Well DrTooth, I certainly wish you all the best of luck. I really enjoyed reading your posts on MC over the years. Your unique humor and sharp commentary will be missed 'round these parts. To me, it was often like reading material by George Carlin (please take that as a compliment, as he's one of my favorites).

But it's also vital to take care of yourself, too. Do what you need to do. If you feel the need to peek your head in here and comment like Scooter just before the show starts, you are welcome here. In the meantime, look for opportunities for joy. They can be elusive at times, but they are there.

Just remember, there were, are and will always be good people in this world. If there weren't, there would be no Jim Henson and no Muppets at all. Here's hoping you find 'em in the next chapter of your life (both good folks and the opportunity to meet a Muppet in person). Who knows, you may meet Caroll Spinney or Leslie Carrara-Rudolph at some ComicCon near you someday. I always enjoyed your artwork on Deviantart, too.

I wish you all the best, and if I ever find any more of those pink M.U.S.C.L.E guys, I still have your mailing address on file. You'll get 'em free of charge, guaranteed.

So, instead of saying goodbye, I'll just imitate Professor Farnsworth: "Off you go! Ta ta!"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Adios amigo. I wish you the best on your journey in life.