What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now the right is threatening if Drumph loses the election, there will be an Occupy-style protest outside the White House.
Because Drumph and his Legion of Doom told his followers to do so. They've been fed such a line of pure anger, hate, misblame, manipulation, and flat out lies the past 8 years by the obvious unchecked sources be they a certain "news" outlet or internet conspiracy theorists. Of course they're angry. At the wrong darn people.

Of course, that's not to say Hillary's supporters won't protest (rightfully so) either. Difference is, one's going to be full of hateful people brandishing guns and violent signs and be called a "peaceful protest", the other's going to get pepper sprayed to oblivion for simply existing. I think it's time we finally stopped pretending there isn't a massive double standard that essentially lets the Reps get away with anything and the Dems have to constantly watch their backs.

Now, what made me roll my eyes on the same subject is ...remember how a week to go before the election the FBI head said there might be more e-mails on that freaking aptly named sex offender's phone? Well, turns out he wasn't calling for an investigation. Heh heh heh. Yeah, if Hillary wins, she should bust that clown down to Dog Catcher. What a buffoon. Oh...and also, when they looked at it...nothing. There was nothing there. But that's not the eye rolling part yet. The entire reason why the e-mails are even a thing in the first place is because some right wing watchdog group kept pestering the FBI to persecute her over them. The head of that group? Steve Bannon. Head of Brietbart "news" and ...hey...one of Drump's advisors. Sure, he was pulling this hypocritical crap before he was part of the team, but considering he's sabotaging the opposition party while being an advisor and member of his team. Just...

How is nothing Drumph's team has been doing not been under heavier investigation by the FBI? Not even the Russian collusion that we all know is happening?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I used to work in this "library":

I am so grateful that I am working in a place deserving of that descriptor now.

Good thing they have a cat now. It can eat all the mice and bugs that place has attracted over the past decade. No student has ever followed the "No Food Rule". They eat there constantly: pizzas, fast food, groceries, you name it. Students never clean up after themselves, either. If you want to know more, message me.

Trying to get any studying done there would be like doing your homework (or other important paperwork) at Chuck E. Cheese or a sports bar during the Super Bowl.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This fan fiction I wrote when I was 15 that combines Family Guy, Rio, and iCarly. I thought it was hilarious at the time, but now I don't like it anymore, I feel that since those things do NOT go to together at all, that the humor in it didn't really work. I was just attempting a darker sense of humor trying to push the envelope a tad further than unusual. But anyway, please check it out and see what you think:
http://riofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Tiago's_Prom

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel, there are also fanfics I've written in the past that, at the time, I was actually particularly proud of for one reason or another, but then I look back on them now, and I just feel embarrassed about them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I deal with the same thing with my writing, which is probably one of the main reasons i've been afraid to write anything for the past year or so. I've started to get back into it a bit though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One problem I have with my writing, moreso with many of the past writings, is my heavy reliance on pop-culture references, and it can be really embarrassing looking back on certain pieces of work of mine and seeing such references that may have been relevant at the time, but are now terribly, terribly outdated and are probably not even remembered.

Another problem I used to have that I've tried hard to cut in more recent times is meta humor and breaking the fifth wall. When MrsPepper and I were doing T*K*O way back when, I did that stuff all the time . . . it was funny at the time, and fit with the spirit and context of the series in general, but looking back on it, I feel like it destroyed whatever realism and believability there may have been. I mean, it's always funny when the Muppets do it in their movies and such, but it doesn't always necessarily work for others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even more sites are starting to adopt the new login system where you have to type your handle/email then password separately. It just takes a one-step process and turns it into an unnecessary two-step process.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
um, did you hear terrible things that trump said about women ? and the terrible things that he said about the Muslim race, and the Mexican race, including my race ? why would you want somebody like that for president ? young lady, why would you roll your eyes at what those people said ? are you for diversity, or against it ? you don't understand Hun, he is trying to set the USA back a hundred years, and tear down everything that we had fought for, because of him, college students are going around spray painting racial slurs, on the dorm rooms of African American students, Mexican students, and Muslim students. thanks to him, LGBT people are getting harassed too. yesterday, i seen a lot of tweeted photos, and tweets on twitter, of hateful stuff done to people of other races. one person on twitter, tweeted a photo of what her dorm mates did in their dorm, they took shoes and other things, and lined them up, to divide the dorm room , and left a note saying get use to it, because this is going to happen or something like that, i can't remember the whole tweet, why are you so happy that someone who caused all of this, got elected president ? it really makes me so sad that you are not of voting age, and is all for somebody, who caused all the hate, that is happening now.