My MissPiggy replica process

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Hi guys!

so I'v been working on my MissPiggy replica and I'm almost done, but I wanted to hear some feedback and edvices from you before I cover it with fleece and it will be too late for changes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146588791@N05

I have casted the head and the ears with soft foam (not foam latex, soft foam is just like a normal crving foam) but it turned out too hard and not durable enough in a few places so I cutted and replaced some of the areas with carved foam (there is still some carving left, not ready yet!)

the legs, and the upper body parts were all carved.

havent made the hands yet...

the legs mechanism isn't ready yet but when it will be ready the legs will be able to hold their position. (the legs are also detachable,for easy dressing and transportation)

I also posted pictures of the wig and a sample of the antron fleece.

the whole thing is ment to the same size as the original (photos might not be accurate with proportions, because of the angle)

I'm intending to cover it with fleece 2 weeks from now.

What do you think? what should I change?

Last edited:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Hi guys!

so I'v been working on my MissPiggy replica and I'm almost done, but I wanted to hear some feedback and edvices from you before I cover it with fleece and it will be too late for changes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146588791@N05

I have casted the head and the ears with soft foam (not foam latex, soft foam is just like a normal crving foam) but it turned out too hard and not durable enough in a few places so I cutted and replaced some of the areas with carved foam (there is still some carving left, not ready yet!)

the legs, and the upper body parts were all carved.

havent made the hands yet...

the legs mechanism isn't ready yet but when it will be ready the legs will be able to hold their position. (the legs are also detachable,for easy dressing and transportation)

I also posted pictures of the wig and a sample of the antron fleece.

the whole thing is ment to the same size as the original (photos might not be accurate with proportions, because of the angle)

I'm intending to cover it with fleece 2 weeks from now.

What do you think? what should I change?

I think that she looks really good overall. So good that it's hard to pick out things to change. The only things that came to mind, (and i may be wrong), is the snout may be a little big....or it will all take shape when fleeced?
The ear looked a bit thick to me.

I am super excited for you! Keep the updates and pics coming!

:smile:

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
I think that she looks really good overall. So good that it's hard to pick out things to change. The only things that came to mind, (and i may be wrong), is the snout may be a little big....or it will all take shape when fleeced?
The ear looked a bit thick to me.

I am super excited for you! Keep the updates and pics coming!

:smile:
Thanks!

you'r right the ears sre a little too thick I'l fix it, I also thought about it.

and the snout is one of the things that look realy bad in camera from a short view, looks a lot better from a distance. and I think it will look better with the fleece on.

Thanks for the feedback!!

I will update as soon as I can!:wink:

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
What do mean by snout angles?

and she will be wearing a lot of things:smile:
I'm planing on making a lot of clothes (already started working on them) I'l leave it as surprise for the final showcase that I will post when I'm done:smile:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Just meant in reference to me wondering if the snout was a bit big or if it was just the camera angles. I think it is looking really good!

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Just meant in reference to me wondering if the snout was a bit big or if it was just the camera angles. I think it is looking really good!
Oh now I get it

well yes it wasn't a great angel, only realized it after I posted it.

actually when I look at it now,it might be little bit too long, I'l try to fix it.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I think you’re right - snout might be a bit too long. But otherwise looking AWESOME!

Maybe take a look at MJL Puppets on Facebook - they’ve got some photos of their unflocked head - note that the space they use for the eyes has been pre-flattened - this might help with making sure the eyes have good focus.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I will use the edvices you all posted, already started making the snout shorter, and making place for the eyes.

I'l post a picture when I'l be done.