Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I keep saying, install adblockers, I'm tellin' ya, you won't have to sit through commercials on YouTube videos. Depending on your browser, some can be installed as extensions or add-ons that are made specifically for blocking YouTube ads.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Just got a 30 second ad and was able to skip it, guess this must just apply to 15 second ads, thank frog.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it: YouTube actually brought back a useful feature: notifications! Now we're able to know when somebody comments on anything, or when anybody responds to comments we've left, without having to try to find our video manager to get to our inbox.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's something weird: videos are taking a long time to load/buffer again, but here's the thing - it only happens when I'm logged in. If I'm not logged in, the videos load and buffer fine, but when I'm logged into my account, it takes several seconds for the video to start loading.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube redesigned the homepage again, though it's not a dramatic redesign like they've been in the past, but here's the thing: they have an option where you can switch back to "Classic YouTube," but that's really misleading; they should really call it "Switch back to previous version of YouTube," because this is what "Classic YouTube" looks like:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, this looks like good news. You can now apparently !vote on old comments again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meh, I'm still a little upset that they had to go and delete all comments associated with accounts that never synced up with Google+.

Come to think of it, I wonder how much longer the divorce between YouTube and Google+ is going to take, because I still can't comment or vote through my old account without YT trying to force me to sync the channel with Google+.

mariolover

Reaction score
YouTube redesigned the homepage again, though it's not a dramatic redesign like they've been in the past, but here's the thing: they have an option where you can switch back to "Classic YouTube," but that's really misleading; they should really call it "Switch back to previous version of YouTube," because this is what "Classic YouTube" looks like:
I remember when YouTube looked like that. Those were the good old days before they had the crappy new layout

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm so dumb I didn't think about this before: since YouTube has disabled tags for smaller channels, I've decided to move whatever tags I have on videos to the descriptions instead, that way they'll be sure to be picked up by the search results. I mean, seriously, since YouTube disabled tags for smaller channels, more and more of my content is disappearing from search, thus there's no way for my videos to be found or discovered unless people already happen to be subscribed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I take it that this Casey Neistat guy's "retirement" was just a publicity stunt like PewDiePie saying he was deleting his channel, or it was only a temporary retirement like Doug Walker from Nostalgia Critic, because he's still making videos, even though he said he was retiring two months ago.

Must be nice that big channels can do crap like this and not get any kind of backlash for it.