Video: Pigs in Space “The Gravity of the Situation”

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, it's always nice to see new Muppet material in general. And I do think the voices were a bit better here. (Still not really digging Link's voice, but oh well.) I give it points for having some Muppet silliness there. I take off points for slipping in (albeit disguised) foul language. Sorry- never a fan of that, no matter how slight.
I will say it elicited a bit of a smile from me at one point- but otherwise I didn't find it terribly funny.:sympathy: It was nice to see Kermit in it.:smile:
Glad some folks here enjoyed it though- and I'm certainly interested to see the others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it the first time viewing, but when was there foul language slipped in?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that didn't occur to me, but then again, this is much like how sly and subtle adult humor in the Muppets has always been, so I don't see what the problem is. I mean, heck, must we go back to the line in "Happiness Hotel," where Janice flat-out sings, "the whole joint's gone to ****"?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
He#l isnt a bad word its a place
Yeah, that didn't occur to me, but then again, this is much like how sly and subtle adult humor in the Muppets has always been, so I don't see what the problem is. I mean, heck, must we go back to the line in "Happiness Hotel," where Janice flat-out sings, "the whole joint's gone to ****"?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't compare it to that. It's more on par with Rowlf calling Arsenio Hall a "son of a *****". But I agree with what you're saying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He#l isnt a bad word its a place
By that logic, you could argue that b!+c# isn't a bad word because it's the technical term for a female dog, or that *** isn't a bad word because it's the technical term for a donkey, or that ****** isn't a bad word because it's a feminine hygiene product. It's not so much words as it is the context in which they're used.
LaRanaRene said:
Yeah, I wouldn't compare it to that. It's more on par with Rowlf calling Arsenio Hall a "son of a *****".
And that in and of itself is somewhat strange, considering the song "Devil Went Down to Georgia" contains that same phrase, yet when done on TMS, they censored it to "son of a gun" instead.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'd imagine that a big reason Jim was able to get away with having Rowlf drop 'the female dog' was because Arsenio was a late-night show.