Why Do We Love The Muppets?

Fozzie

Reaction score
I think I like the muppets because for one thing they are cute and funny. And because all the Muppet movies and TMS are clean of profanity, sex, nudity.:smile:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
*Ahem*
"Still the management is cheerful though the whole joint's gone to ****"
But seriously, I think it's refreshing to watch movies that aren't like "What the f*** are you f***ing doing with my f***ing girl" or something. I hate movies that do crap like that! Actually, it gets to be pretty funny after so many curse words.
I like the Muppets because they're cute and funny and I just wanna hug them and name them George! hehehe
And I love :sing: and :rolleyes: and :cool: and :crazy: and :concern: and...

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
I must have been 8 years old when my uncle took his son and me to a Mall to buy each of us a videotape...

My cousin chose "The Lion King" and I chose "The Muppets"... It was a tape with several sketches from the show:

- Miss Piggy in a motorcycle ("Get Around")
- Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhen ("Lets Boogie in the Backyard")
- Pigs and Camilla ("Lullaby of Broadway")
- Rowlf and Fozzie ("I Got Rythm")
- Kermit in a Flying Trapeze(?)
- Vetenarian's Hospital with Kermit
- Miss Piggy, Kermit and Pigs ("Pig's Calypso")
- Gonzo Hipnotizing
- Kermit and Robin ("Octupus's Garden)

These are the one that I remember (does anyone know the original name of the tape - here in Portugal it'called «Viva os Marretas», which means «Hurray for the Muppets»)...

Anyway, the tape had previews of other tapes in the Muppet Collection... Now I have them all!

I have loved them from the beginning and I am an obsessed fan... The way they move, the way they talk, they don't care about being different from each other and they love to be weird - I guess that since I was/am a lot weird myself, they gave me confort and strengh to not let people around me change my weirdness...

The Muppets are the most humourous thing that I know... They are funny as a group and each individual Muppet is funny by him/her/itself... The interaction between the characters is wonderfull and funny, as is the intelligent humour...

The songs are simply great and the musical numbers very very funny!

These are some of the reasons why I love The Muppets!