Regular Show Series Talkback!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like that "New Beds" managed to take a completely dull concept and blended it in with the Anti-Pops saga when you didn't expect it. That's Steven Universe level of bait and switch plot. Also liked the little stab at IKEA and their "meat"balls. Also, great scene of Skips wanting to buy another cot, and Benson swaying him into buying...a deluxe cot. Great Skips stuff there.

And going a week back, I really liked that level of depression Mordecai expresses about being sent off into space. Unspoken subtext, he's still not over Margret and is unsure if he'll ever return to Earth to see her again. At least, that's what I got out of it. I hope that manifests in future episodes before the show ends.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The final Terror Tales from the Park aired, keeping with the "In Space" storyline.

I really liked Rigby's story about having a terrible roommate, since it really feels like an authentic writer experiance made into an Alien parody. However, the episode's ending was what I really thought was great about this special

Where after getting sucked into a black hole, everyone gets "spaghettified" and promptly eaten by Neil DeGrasse Tyson making yet another cartoon cameo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So I've missed out on all the "In Space" episodes... But hope to catch Terror Tales 6 and the Titans Halloween episode on the weekend, if not on Monday itself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Holy crap!

Pops wasn't Mallard's real son at all, but rather sent to Earth as a Baby, Superman style. The Dark Pops is actually his twin brother composed of pure evil, while he himself is the embodiment of good.

Skywalker82

Reaction score
So, Regular Show did a Labyrinth parody. I had a feeling it would turn into one, especially when they said the lord of the dump's name was Ziggy. Ziggy as in Ziggy Stardust as in David Bowie. Even had a reference to the Chilly Down imps. Too bad, unlike Secret Mountain Fortress Awesome they didn't get in a song parody, but still a great reference based episode. Even had Jemaine Clement doing a David Bowie impersonation for Ziggy, as he did for Fart in that episode of Rick and Morty.
Funny parody of a Henson classic and do you think Rigby should had said to him "You got no power over me"?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the series finale? I didn't. I'm not ready for it to end!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I was worried there wasn't going to be enough time to resolve things, but I'm glad the writers were able to do so well enough. Not only did we get to see Pops defeat his evil brother
in a heroic sacrifice,
but we also got to see the Format Wars finally conclude
at the cost of most of the other Format Guardians,
and team-ups with the ducklings, Death, and the other allies to take Streaming out in the final battle. And that end of the final episode...
as clichéd as this sounds, it gave me major feels. Would have liked to see CJ and Nikolai appear, or even Gene congratulating Benson, but oh well.

We also got some callbacks from "The Naive Man from Lolliland" and "2 in the AM PM", the two kid-unfriendly pilots that started it all. They even showed some footage of the former.