Little things we've noticed

Schfifty

Reaction score
He was there in the Telling the Truth video.
Ah, that's right. I haven't seen that video for a very long time, so it didn't occur to me he was in the day care center there. My bad.

So I guess it appears that's the only time Elmo's visited Gina's day care then. Is there a reason why he didn't really attend or visit on the main show?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I just noticed about the old Day Care Center from Around the Corner – nearly all of the major Muppets have attended or visited Gina's day care (Big Bird, Snuffy, Zoe, Baby Bear, Rosita, Herry, Telly, Frazzle, etc.) ... except one. One little red 3-year-old monster who we all should probably know.

I find that interesting, since Zoe was a regular attendee, and she's basically the female counterpart of Elmo. Elmo apparently did attend Lillian's day care once, but that was way back in the early 1990s. So aside from that, why didn't he visit day care during the ATC era? Was he too young?
Elmo was also at the day care in a song called T Dance, which appears in the home video Do the Alphabet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, age doesn't matter for having nephews or nieces.
I remember one time in school, one of my classmates said he had to take his uncle to school, and we all (including the teacher) laughed. And we laughed harder when he said that his uncle was, I think, in the first grade. My teacher actually asked him how it was possible, and the student said that his grandparents had another child after he was born. Looking back, it's funny that even the teacher didn't think that could be possible (and now I realize that, since this was the sixth grade, he probably didn't take his uncle to school alone). I think the movie You've Got Mail has a scene with Tom Hanks' character discussing that the kids he's with are his aunt and uncle.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever a street scene involves the use of a road sign, such as the classic bus stop sign, for example, the signs are always attached to the wrong side of the post. I'm sure it probably has something to do with the signs probably just being quickly and easily attached with double-faced tape or something, and it's easier to stick that to the backside of the post, rather than rivet the sign through the front side.

Also, it's recently occured to me how distinct classic SST songs are, mainly for the instruments they traditionally used, like banjos and xylophones.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Benny seemed to be on his break more than he ever did any actual work at the Furry Arms . . . but then again, Benny didn't seem like the type to take any responsibility seriously anyway.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
So, how come Bob, Gordon and others didn't attend the Muppet Family Christmas?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel like the original version of "Imagination" had two completely different takes/tapings edited together: not only does the lighting change when it dissolves as Bert sing, "I look inside and discover things that are sometimes strange and new," but the sky is a completely different shade of blue, and the position of the moon is flipped.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You are correct. You can read it on the Wiki, but they had shot a version of the segment with a different intro that didn't test well: some imaginary monsters invade the street and Ernie's room, scaring him. So, they re-shot enough to sort of work around it.

I can't confirm it, but I'm almost certain this picture is from when they shot the initial version.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That much I knew about, or at least, I remember Caroll once mentioning an "episode" about Ernie having nightmares of monsters coming after him, but it never making it to air because preschoolers in test audiences found it too scary (much like the infamous divorce episode that preschoolers found too emotionally traumatic that it never aired), and that the song was the only thing that survived the cutting room floor, but I do see the Wiki clarifies what you said about a different intro being shot for the bit, and it not being part of what was otherwise a street story.