Jennifer Barnhart's Zoe!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Strangely, I noticed that she sounds much more like Fran's Zoe when she sings.

Odd.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People's singing and speaking voices can often sound much different. Ever notice how Katy Perry has a surprisingly mousy speaking voice when compared to her booming and resonate her singing voice?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Come to think of it, Fran's voice did seem to get a bit deeper later on, so maybe Jen's voice is pretty spot on after all. That might just be me though. :

BoppityFrack

Reaction score
That is a good point you have there. Zoe's voice is so unique because it's so much like Fran's voice.

PonysNPuppets

Reaction score
I love Avenue Q!! :big_grin: :big_grin: That being said, it's cool to see that one of the "Q" actresses is playing a SS Muppet now! The voice is a little disconcerting, but Zoe was also a character who debuted right when I "outgrew" the show (note the quotations :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: ), so I didn't really mind. Aren't there a few actors and actresses on AQ who also puppeteered on SS?!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Decided to give this a watch out of my own curiousness.

Yeah, a little too "grown up" for me but frankly I never liked Zoe as a character anyway so it doesn't matter how her voice sounds.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I love Avenue Q!! :big_grin: :big_grin: That being said, it's cool to see that one of the "Q" actresses is playing a SS Muppet now! The voice is a little disconcerting, but Zoe was also a character who debuted right when I "outgrew" the show (note the quotations :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: ), so I didn't really mind. Aren't there a few actors and actresses on AQ who also puppeteered on SS?!
All of the original puppeteer cast from Avenue Q have performed with Sesame. Stephanie D'Abruzzo performs Curly Bear and now has inherited Prairie. Natural move since Prairie is so much like her Kate Monster.

John Tartaglia started when he was about 19 and has performed characters like Ernie on occasion. Rick Lyon is also credited.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Stephanie has had characters pre and post Avenue Q. Up until Avenue Q, there was Elizabeth, the AM-girl with the heavy Noo Yawk accent who was always oh-so-proud of her kitten Little Murray Sparkles (another character Drtooth absolutely loathes), and Lulu was pretty much on the verge of becoming her signature character on SST up until she went onto Avenue Q (she even seemed to be something of a love interest for Cookie Monster), but both characters ended up being retired as a result.

Interestingly enough, Lulu actually made a cameo in a recent season when Elmo and Rosita try to make a rainbow out of monsters, and when they drag her in, she remarks, "Oh, hey, I remember you guys."

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Stephanie has had characters pre and post Avenue Q. Up until Avenue Q, there was Elizabeth, the AM-girl with the heavy Noo Yawk accent who was always oh-so-proud of her kitten Little Murray Sparkles (another character Drtooth absolutely loathes), and Lulu was pretty much on the verge of becoming her signature character on SST up until she went onto Avenue Q (she even seemed to be something of a love interest for Cookie Monster), but both characters ended up being retired as a result.

Interestingly enough, Lulu actually made a cameo in a recent season when Elmo and Rosita try to make a rainbow out of monsters, and when they drag her in, she remarks, "Oh, hey, I remember you guys."
Oh, man...I forgot about Elizabeth.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
She improved lately. The way Zoe pronounces words in this video is very good. Also, nothing against Elmo, but it's nice that he's not in this birthday message video: