Miss Piggy build. 'Blanket Pig method'

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I'm hoping that this build has inspired all of the people who have dreamed of building their own Miss Piggy. This is as simple as it gets for such a complicated pig! :wink:

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
A W E S O M E

It looks so good! I see you carved her body kind of similar to mine, glad I helped:wink:

you didn't use muppet fleece and yet the stitches are hidden really good! I'm actually having some trouble covering my replica with muppet fleece...

What sort of stitch did you use? is there anything special I should know that might help?

I would REALLY appreciate your help.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
A W E S O M E

It looks so good! I see you carved her body kind of similar to mine, glad I helped:wink:

you didn't use muppet fleece and yet the stitches are hidden really good! I'm actually having some trouble covering my replica with muppet fleece...

What sort of stitch did you use? is there anything special I should know that might help?

I would REALLY appreciate your help.
I did look at your body pics as a reference. Also, I used that old school photo of a Piggy body on a bench in production but that image is not as clear.

I used a ladder stitch, it's a very easy and forgiving stitch. Match your thread exactly to the same colour.

You can see where I put my stitch lines, you have to decide where they will go and then try to make them symmetrical on both sides. I originally had them in the cheeks but that was a bad idea so I re-did it to two on the mouth and one down the middle on top of the snout. On the very top and back, I got glued and later stitched her wig on over those parts. Normally, I wouldn't cut corners like that but I only had a small window to build this puppet in and I really wanted her to be complete...I have a Bert head with no eyes or body who has been sitting for over a year now...I'll get to him eventually.

Maybe practice with a cheap material before going at it with Antron. You'll know when you're ready because it will get easier doing it a few times.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
I did look at your body pics as a reference. Also, I used that old school photo of a Piggy body on a bench in production but that image is not as clear.

I used a ladder stitch, it's a very easy and forgiving stitch. Match your thread exactly to the same colour.

You can see where I put my stitch lines, you have to decide where they will go and then try to make them symmetrical on both sides. I originally had them in the cheeks but that was a bad idea so I re-did it to two on the mouth and one down the middle on top of the snout. On the very top and back, I got glued and later stitched her wig on over those parts. Normally, I wouldn't cut corners like that but I only had a small window to build this puppet in and I really wanted her to be complete...I have a Bert head with no eyes or body who has been sitting for over a year now...I'll get to him eventually.

Maybe practice with a cheap material before going at it with Antron. You'll know when you're ready because it will get easier doing it a few times.
Thanks!!!

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Another thing is to keep in mind is that all of Piggy's divets on your carved, pre-skinned head should be deeper I'd they are to stand out properly once she's skinned. For example, the nostrils on the snout, the insides of the cheeks beside the mouth.

:smile:

luckybeejax

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if you would be willing to share your pattern for miss piggy’s head? I’m wanting to make one and have a hard time with out a pattern to go from, I’m only a medium puppet builder